SRT Power Band

Discussion in 'Challenger SRT Performance' started by rmktim, Nov 22, 2016.

1. rmktim

rmktim New Member

As i said in my newbie thread i was beat by nephews Camaro SS a 2012. he is 425 hp but about 700 lbs lighter.
    at 60 mph he just pulled away from me. both stick cars. my power seems to come on about 3500 to about 6000rpm. Can anyone shed some light here on proper shift points rpm for better acceleration? was a bit embarrasse, he called the challenger a chubby girl and a whale. Is the scat pack lighter than SRT?

2. shooterjgs

shooterjgs Member

"Chubby girl and a whale" Arghhhhhh... Sorry don't know what to tell but keep trying... Was this on a 1/4 mile track? If not try him there maybe better results like that...

3. rmktim

rmktim New Member

no was on a highway. best i have done is 0-60 in 5 flat 1/4 in 13.1. car has a cai and thats it. only 4500 miles on it. using launch control set at 3500

4. IntimidatorR/T

IntimidatorR/T Challenger Life Moderator Staff Member Ride of the Month

Top Poster Of Month

understand you car weighs about 4400 lbs. his is a lot less. also depends on what rear gears are in that camaro. i wouldn't sweat it though, CHEBBYs, ain't sh*t when it comes to the Challenger, just ask yourself this, did you by the car to race? if you did you bought it for all the wrong reasons. but you want to race it, then have the wallet ready for what is in store for you to get it as fast as you want or need it to go.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. shooterjgs

shooterjgs Member

Couldn't have said it better myself..
    :+1:

6. rmktim

rmktim New Member

bought car cause loved the challengers. love the looks the comfort, wanted srt over scat pack for the hood scoop and brake upgrade. just looks so damn good.racing her hard never was thought of but a bit of play time every now and again thats it. Nephew has been on me to race ever since i bought it and wouldnt let it go. Driving the challenger is way more comfort and ride etc than his any day.