Stereo HDD Issue

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Electrical Problems and Questions' started by dugbeck, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dugbeck

dugbeck Member

I have a 730N Nav/Stereo system and the HDD has started recycling back to a previous playlist when I turn off and then restart the car. It always goes back to the same playlist now if I turn it off when using the HDD. This is the second time I've had this problem. The first time the dealership replaced the unit. I'm sure they will do it again, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows what causes it or a solution. Anyone? :question:

2. IntimidatorR/T

IntimidatorR/T Challenger Life Moderator Staff Member Ride of the Month

Top Poster Of Month

have you checked for any updates to the radio?

3. Houdini

Houdini Platinum Level Supporter

Does it lose other setting to, like radio presets?

4. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

Mofv.com lists the latest update as 2.042 for your unit, check the info display and see what update you are running now? Still haven't updated the Gracenotes yet tho I do have the disk burnt just not gutsy enough to try yet! ;)

5. dugbeck

dugbeck Member

I'm running rev 2.402, so I'm guessing I have the latest update. I did not lose any other settings or music... all the radio presets are still there and work fine, and all the downloaded HDD music is there. It just keeps going back to the same song on the same playlist when I start the car regardless of what playlist I'm listening to when I turn it off. When this happened the first time I thought it was likely a fluke. But twice in less than two years seems more than coincidence so I thought I'd throw it out here and ask. The last time the dealership replaced it no questiions asked. The real pain in the ass is that I lose all playlists & CDs loaded to the HDD and have to redo them.

6. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

Ooppps, my number switcher that's the latest for yours. Do remember reading awhile back that if the dealer does have to replace it, that they can download all your files with the Starscan tool so fingers crossed for U bud!