Which Supercharger should I purchase for her??? Which one goes w/ current mods and give me max WHP?

Discussion in 'Engine - Heavy Mods' started by MarcSchoenfeld74, Oct 31, 2011.

1. MarcSchoenfeld74

MarcSchoenfeld74 New Member

Pics are of my 2009 Challenger R/T in Brilliant Black.

I am going to be putting the car away for the winter to do additional mods on her prior to next spring and need some assistance on which Supercharger would be the best for her to increase performance and to obtain 500WHP!!!

Current Mods are:

Functional T/A Hood W/ Mopar High Air Flow Kit
    Flowmaster Catback exhaust
    American Racing Headers with long Pipes
    K&N CAI & filter
    Eibach Sportline lowering kit w/ front & rear sway bars
    Mopar strut bar
    Billet Catchcan
    All covers carbon fiber as you can see
    Hydraulic hood props

Mods purchased but not installed yet
    Steel braided lines with Red ends
    All fluid covers will be aluminum red and specially engraved
    Carbon fiber cowl vent cover for under winshield

Mods not purchases yet!!

20x8.5 & 20x10 Boss 338 rims in black with a chrome lip & tires
    Giving it that old time muscle wheel look and staggered look

SUPERCHARGER!!! That is the reason for this post.

With The current mods she runs and sounds great and I get plenty of looks, but as I said I want to increase her performance and WHP!!!

So my question is with my current mods, which Supercharger would be the the best purchase and which one will I be able to max out the PSI on for her???

Any and all assistance would be appreciated. Also where can I go to have it installed, I reside in York, Pa!!

Thank You!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attached Files:

2. JaxHemi

JaxHemi Well-Known Member

My 2 cents would be to go with a Magnuson or Procharger. As for the install and tune, Arrington Engines is in Virginia. They have a great facility and mad skills.

Jack

3. demonbydesign

demonbydesign New Member

Especially if your primary focus is having a fun street car...I'd go with either a Maggie or Kenney Bell as my choices. And I highly recommend High Horse Performance (HHP) in Smyrna Delaware for install and tuning.

4. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

X2 both are pretty much drop on and proven for 5.7. So roots or centi? Centis Lil' less expensive than roots, but I'm a rooter so Maggie 4me.:D

5. DragonFire

DragonFire Well-Known Member

I am high up on Pro Charger for their reliability and Kenne Belle jut did a NICE Mustang down here for one of the local power shops owners. She went out and did 145 on the track which promptly kicked her out for not having a roll cage.
    my .02 Cents

6. demonbydesign

demonbydesign New Member

Marc, the reason I mentioned the Maggie or Bell if your primary focus is fun street car is because the low end torque happens very quickly compared to the Procharger or Vortech's. And you don't need a torque converter. AND you can sell your intake for some cash back. AND they are quieter. AND the intercooler isn't obvious in the grill...etc. etc.

I was VERY lucky to have had the chance to drive both before making my decision. Here's a link to all that as it may be of help. Maggie FTW! :rockout:

http://www.challengerlife.com/threa...harger-vs-Supercharger-vs-Supercharger./page4

7. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

:slap: Pay attention bruder, we is talking 5.7 Hemi, dunt thin he's gonna sell the intake, tee hee!

8. demonbydesign

demonbydesign New Member

I am. Sure it's not as wanted as the 6.1 intake but it is a sellable part nonetheless that otherwise with a Procharger wouldn't be.

9. MarcSchoenfeld74

My CAI is actually from my brothers 08 SRT8 that I got for him when I worked for a dodge dealership in 07. He gave it to me when he installed his magma SC. This CAI actually fit perfectly, and it works better then the CAI I was going to purchase from Mopar for my R/T at that time.

10. demonbydesign

demonbydesign New Member

We are talking about the manifold intake Marc not the CAI. And depending on the system you might need another CAI to fit as well.
    :thumbupright:

This part...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  11. MarcSchoenfeld74

Ahhh I see

12. MarcSchoenfeld74

But I do not need to change the intake with all SC's, so with my current mods which SC would be the best to get and give me the max WHP

13. demonbydesign

demonbydesign New Member

As per your original post you said "500WHP", which I'd say is doable using a seasoned tuner/shop. Alot depends on the type of dyno machine used too as some are more "stingy" than others from all information I've gathered. (example: A Land and Sea dyno may give higher HP numbers than a DynoJet or a Mustang Dyno) Basically they are a tool, a measuring stick of sorts for the tuner to use.

Since you asked I'm going to give you my opinions. My own experience has shown don't let dyno numbers be your deciding factor. In other words, would you rather be able to say you have a 500hp car that runs less safe, and slower (yes I've seen it many times now) than one that's "only" putting out 450hp? And I'm not saying you can't have both but I am saying I've learned that big HP numbers don't mean squat unless it's all tuned properly and in conjunction with all other modifications.

It's all in the tuning that makes these cars run fast in a blown application...safely. To do it safely is the trick and I personally would only trust a select few to tune my car. Good luck man let me know if you need anything I can be of help with.

Please remember Marc, better to have a blown car than a blown engine or trans.

14. hellcatmotors

hellcatmotors New Member

One from psi would be nice [​IMG]

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk