Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
When I get my mopar CAI put on when I get home, I want to replace the blue air filter with another color(green or purple). The only one that keeps coming up purple is a AC Twister. Does anyone know anything about these filters?

I sent Spectre an e-mail but they do not make green or purple and well K&N guess they said screw you and I never got an answer after 2 weeks.

The Frau says to dye it.. but that doesn't sound safe to me, but I'm also far from a gear head. So any help would be great. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
hmmmmm, pretty know that K&N's are red, but I want to say that spectre or someone may make one, I can remember if I have seen a purple one in the store(AutoZone) or not. I know we have at least 3 colors of them though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wouldn't risk dyeing it, you might stop up the pores in the filter. Don't know much about the filter you mentioned. You might see if you can find a pre-filter (cover) for your existing Mopar filter.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That says it's a diesel air filter... does that matter or not?

Yeah, I don't think I would dye it, for that reason u mentioned...wife disagrees..go figure..Germans :lol:

I emailed Spectre and they only make Blue, Red, White and a Silver one .. I was going to get the Silver one for my other car. I like the look of the Spectre's too :(

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I did what Jon suggested, just put a pre-cleaner cover on it, tho not sure if u can find purple. I have a black Air-Raid on my AFE cleaner, and had done yellow on the Rumble Bees. Think black would look good, if u can't find a purple one, JMO.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Diesel filter has to filter down to same micro-level as ours

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greenfilterusa. I been there before and this is what got all my questions/doubts going..lol. I just figured a filter is a filter.
I can do almost anything with a military vehicle.. but know nothing about my own car...how sad.
I see those filters are for certain engine sizes.... things like that. Does this actually effect me if I get one? And as Ghost already answered about the Diesel. So I can pretty much get whatever filter I want reguardless of what engine size they say it go for? Wether it's for diesel or not...?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Greenfilterusa. I been there before and this is what got all my questions/doubts going..lol. I just figured a filter is a filter.
I can do almost anything with a military vehicle.. but know nothing about my own car...how sad.
I see those filters are for certain engine sizes.... things like that. Does this actually effect me if I get one? And as Ghost already answered about the Diesel. So I can pretty much get whatever filter I want reguardless of what engine size they say it go for? Wether it's for diesel or not...?
I'm pretty certain that the o.d. of the Mopar intake tube is 3". I would think greenfilter would have the size/color you're looking for. I also like the brighter neon colored filters like green or purple but I don't wanna spend another 50 or 60 bucks when I already have the Mopar one. The blue looks pretty good anyway. As far as diesel vs gasoline engine filters, I don't know enough about the subject to comment on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts