Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I took delivery of my Challenger, the KeylessGo button wasn't in the car. You can read about that here if you like.

So today, 10 days after picking up the car, my salesperson tells me they placed the order for my Mopar accessories, but most are on backorder. I can sort of understand that since Mopar is likely getting lots of orders due to the Mopar Bucks promotion.

I'm also told they are ordering the push button, and it should only take a few days. WTH? That should have been ordered the day I picked the car up, or the day after at the latest. They also wanted to know the number of miles I have on the car. Sounds to me like they are turning this in as a warranty issue. Which is complete crap. In fact, they should have noticed it wasn't there when they did the inspection/prep. I should not have been the first to notice it.

So today I did what I had thought of doing the first night I owned the car.... buy a push button off eBay for $9.95 plus $6.95 USPS Priority shipping. We'll see which one I get first, the one off eBay, or from the dealer.

Granted, the button may have been left out at the factory - but one of the build sheets shows a mark through the push button and iPod cable, which tells me someone was making sure they were in the glove box.

I suppose it may have gone missing during transport as well.
But at $9.95, I would expect the dealer to have a half-dozen or so in stock to cover situations like this. Or have one overnighted from another dealer, and then overnighted to me. Or pulled one out of another car.... something.

As it is, it will be 2 weeks to the day, or close to it, that I have gone without the button by the time I get one. I missed out on what I had been looking forward to.... getting in the car for the first time, pulling the button out of the glove box, and starting the car my very first time with the button. Sure I can still start the car with the "key" or pushing my finger in the hole, but this issue is why the are getting a "Bad Buying Experience" post vs giving them a "5 Star All The Way" post. To get 5 Star, they have to go above and beyond - or at least include every piece of the car I paid for.

P.S. I really wanted to give them 5 Stars. My saleswoman was/is fantastic, and although I hadn't purchased or leased a car from them in the past, I have been going to them for the past few years for service and have always been satisfied - with the one exception of having my car sit for two weeks waiting for parts... but that may have been out of their control.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Yeah, it always seems once they have their check, it's on to the next sale and .....who are you again? One avenue of payback is to call every freaking day even twice a day until you get your button in. If they want you to stop being a daily part of their life, they should bring on the service you are entitled to. Pester them until their hair falls out from the stress.

Jack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts