Challenger Life Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just and FYI, I learned first hand and it cost me....

anyone running an oem dual setup from an SRT8 on their SE/SXT, DO NOT hack off the resinator in the front. I did this yesterday and ran straight pipes, well it sounded like ass, a really flat rappy noise, so I had performance resinators installed and at idle the car sounds beefy, but there is a real heavy lull or drone when driving...... thank god I have alocal contacts and was able to source down a replacement system.

so if anyone is planning on altering their setup, I would suggest starting at the rear with the suitcases first.

·
Super Moderator
5,442 Posts
not sure what you mean by front resonators.

here is a pic of an R/T exhaust with an auto trans.

The resonators are in the back of the system and you have the suitcase muffler.

When I had this installed on mine by Jack, we cut off the suitcase muffler first. and installed 2 magnaflow mufflers in its place. it still sounded stock quiet so we cut off the rear resonators and just put a replacement pipe for each.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
it was the mufflers we cut off, well that just tells me the shop I went to is completely shiet... practically got in an argument with the tech doing the work as he was persistent that was a resinator. all they installed afterwards were 2 silencers, so maybe if I swap them out for magnaflows, it might sound better,

do you have a sound clip by chance of your completed setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts