Anyone do this Brake Light Mod ? | Challenger Life Forums

Anyone do this Brake Light Mod ?

Discussion in 'Exterior Mods' started by letsjet, Jul 1, 2012.

1. letsjet

letsjet Member

I know with the WE or Mopar sequentials you have full length brake lights, they should have come that way from the factory. Too many issues with the WE's and I'm waiting for feedback on the Mopar kits before I get too excited about sequentials that work flawlessy, still flash too fast for me.
    Heres a link to convert all the Tail lights to brake lights so you have eight lights instead of two. Just wondering if anyone here has done this mod. It requires changing out the tail lid sockets. A mod like this might provide a little more protection for getting rear ended as the stock brake lights leave a little to be desired for brightness, these are in your face brake lights.

http://bigislanddodgechallenger.blo...6/step-by-step-8-bulb-brake-lights-and-4.html

I ordered some sockets but it may be awhile before I get around to doing this mod, I want it.

2. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

Sockets and the wire is all you need, as the ones on there are impossible to add the brake wire to. Funny part is all eight brake/taillight are 3157s so you don't even need to switch the bulbs out. My sequentials were made before WEs and essentially are replacement sockets with the innermost on both sides being direct feed/first on the the other three have .5, .10, and .15 millisecond timers. WEs first version would drop out the outer lights after a bit, cause they thought that doubling the load wasn't good may cause problems? But in real world if that WAS the case, you could never hook a trailer up to anything no? And having 8 brake light is much more important to me since I and everyone else I know in Dallas has been rear-ended, they hit my car they can't say they didnt see them brakelights, go for it! :D