Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’ve owned a SXT for years and recently just upgraded to a 2019 Challenger R/T. I noticed the first time I drove it I noticed the mufflers rattled terribly. I climbed underneath and noticed both bolts where gone that held the resonators up so I installed new ones but I noticed also that’s right above the middle of the resonators that there is a bolt hanging down with a nut half threaded on. I moved it around and it’s T bolt and can’t see anyway to tighten or remove it. Anybody ever seen this? I have the occasional rattle here and there and thought it mite be these bolts there is one on each side above both resonators. Any thoughts on this

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
not sure about the new sxt, but figuring that the car is still under warranty why didnt take it to a dealer to get them to fix it? any ways, the best thing to do is get rid of those wieghty resonators, and you will hear a better sound , thats if it has a dual exhaust system on it all ready. I know my wife's 2018 charger with the v6 had a single to dual exhaust system. I was considering getting a true dual exhaust but then we traded it off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well don’t know if you misread the post but I had the SXT and upgraded to 19 R/T. I actually figured out a way to get those bolts tightened but I still have a rattle somewhere in the exhaust that rattles everytime I go thru the gears if I get on it very much. If I drive like grandpa it’s no that noticeable. I have read in the posts that one guy had dealer change his exhaust 4 times and finally got it fixed so maybe I’ll take it to the dealer and see what’s up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts