Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my friend Donny in Leesville price out a pair of Magnaflow #12589 mufflers for my upcoming exhaust system. They are 5"x11" body, 3" inlet and outlet. I plan on running 3" from behind the cats and possibly an X pipe as well. It will be tricky plumbing the tips to this size pipe but I've done harder stuff than this. If there isn't any benefit from this system, I'll put my 2-1/2" system back on.

Jack

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Sounds like fun. U can get the Pypes dual square tips in 3", but they are quite pricey! MBRP dual squares are a little cheaper, but think they are 2.5", or 2.25 but you have to call them to get the info, they don't list the tips they use on the Challengers yet.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I'm not mistaken ( I may be) the SRT tips are a bit larger inlet than the R/T. Super Dave sent me to the used parts site and they are $65 for the set shipped if I need them. For kicks, I'll check out the Pypes tips. Thanks Sickman.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news. Donny called me today with my cost on the Magnaflows. $78.00 each. That puts me at $250.00 on the cost of tubing, mufflers & hangers, provided I successfully swage (expand) the inlets of my stock tips. I may take a vacation day around the end of April or first of May and tackle it.

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts