Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well there is a guy in our area who has a chassis dyno. it is all set up and ready to run, He has put a a dyno day with all the bells and whistles.

good pricing too. regular price is $75(3 pulls)

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I MIGHT be able to make this. I have prom April 24th, but i should be able to get home in time! Haha

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noon till dark Chris...... your date will be waiting..:whistle:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dave if you do get your 3.5 on the dyno and get the engine up to 6500->6800 rpm you will see a quick dip in the curves. At 5000 rpm the intake manifold
has a big butterfly that changes the long runners to short runners. The solenoid that controls it is up front and obvious. This is normal, don't worry about it.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does a wild bear kaka in the woods? :whistle:

HELL YEAH!!! :rockout:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Good Good! I'm hoping to make it, but I'll have to leave sometime around 3 to be back in time for Prom.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
always something isnt it......:fart:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Thats what I've been thinking lately! I havn't been able to make any club events lol
One thing my step dad and I are planning ahead for is the "ChallengerFest" that some people are trying to get the ball rolling with. Hoping it won't be too far away, I think the furthest I would drive would be 13-15 hours. Anything further than I probably won't go..

·
Registered
332 Posts
I should be able to make it over there for a little while..

Dave what time are you planning on going ?

We could meet up at my place and head over..as long as its kind of early, I have plans later in the afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well according to the flyer , he is starting at noon. so I would figure to be there right about that time.

only one kinkj may keep me from going, I may be making a trip to Talladega this weekend, depends on what the weather is going to do.

·
Registered
332 Posts
well according to the flyer , he is starting at noon. so I would figure to be there right about that time.

only one kinkj may keep me from going, I may be making a trip to Talladega this weekend, depends on what the weather is going to do.
Just let me know and give me a ring Sat around 10:00 or so

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, the trip to Talladega is off, couldnt find anyone to tag along for driving purposes.

heck even had free lodging and beer to go with it.

so I will call you saturday morning and meet up with ya.:eek:ldtimer:

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool Chris, look forward to seeing you there.:eek:ldtimer:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Alright, my car is completely filthy..been driving around in the rain all day today. So no jokes while at the dyno! Haha i'll have to leave earlier than expected to get home and wash her for prom. Suppose to be sunny after noon :D

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
According to the weatherchannel, it's a 60-40%chance of rain up until 12. Then noon and after is suppose to be sunny/cloudy
if either of you need my number to get in touch with, it's 318-446-2617. I still plan on going, it's hard to pass up this kinda price on a dyno

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Dyno day was a good event, plenty of vehicles there from Challengers, new Camaro SS, a bunch of Mustangs to name a few.

I lost about 15 HP from my last Dyno but the temps a quite a bit warmer these days as compared to Feb..... Saturdays #'s 479 HP and 506 TQ

Chris and Jack, how did your #'s compare to each other, I was curious if the shortie headers made a big differance as opposed to stock. Wish I could have hung around a bit longer to see you run but I had places to be......

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Guess I should have kept my manifolds on, Chris made more HP and torque haha. We have our sheets posted elsewhere on this site.

Jack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts