Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excellent fit and quality and only $35 shipped to the door.
I need to come up with a better mounting setup though...bleck

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been looking at this brand of CAI as well. The price is good but are there any other issues besides mounting it? Curious about the sound and any performance gains (if any) as well. Looks good for sure!:)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been looking at this brand of CAI as well. The price is good but are there any other issues besides mounting it? Curious about the sound and any performance gains (if any) as well. Looks good for sure!:)
Well I will say that I can now get a short tire squeel from stop if I mash it which I could not do previously with the four speed S/E.

MPG gains I can't say as I have got less than a quarter tank of gas used with it.

I check mpg every time I fill up so I'll post any gains if they are there.

Also I added a small hose clamp at the intake tube for the sensor tubing ($1 at O'Reilly). It was a loose fit.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
same CAI and company that I got mine from and we are ordering the 5.7 one for Dragon
Is that one of the systems where the filter is installed outside of the engine compartment? If it is, that's crazy cheap-I didn't even think there was a setup like this for the 3.5L

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Is that one of the systems where the filter is installed outside of the engine compartment? If it is, that's crazy cheap-I didn't even think there was a setup like this for the 3.5L
yes it is BUT you can also just use the first tube and the filter ends up pretty close to where the mopar CAI is - I paid 57.00 including shipping for mine and then painted the chrome tube

·
Registered
185 Posts
Excellent fit and quality and only $35 shipped to the door.
I need to come up with a better mounting setup though...bleck
Not bad at all. Check out Spectre, I think they have nicer looking mounting brackets.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
yes it is BUT you can also just use the first tube and the filter ends up pretty close to where the mopar CAI is - I paid 57.00 including shipping for mine and then painted the chrome tube
Ghost!! if i get this CAI, I may need your template to make a cover.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not bad at all. Check out Spectre, I think they have nicer looking mounting brackets.
+1 Yeah that's a good tip. They have some universal mounting bracket systems. I'm becoming a fan of Spectre. They offer some cool odds and ends. I bought one of their blue silicone couplers to match my Mopar blue air filter.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Challenger Love !

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Challenger Love !

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've seen this setup at a recent M&G and I was impressed by it. The only concern I had was how do you clean the filter and is it susceptible to rain water since it is located under the engine bay? At least the one I saw.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
true, with it under all that stuff it is open to the environment.

I rmember last week on Spike (trucks) on of the guys who had the Ford lightning ut a turbo on it and ran the turbo under the bed of the truck, the air filter was under there too. that is a setup I really dont like.

I do like the idea of what Ghost has in making a top, so I am going to construct a complete box for mine after I install it.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Just ordered my CAI tonight. the one I listed in this post. so hopefully next week sometime it will arrive. :eek:ldtimer:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
They really do make a differance in the off-line performance, the first mod I bought ( first mod was cutting off resonator). TexSE, if u're talking bout the K&N on Glenns car, it's for the 300s,Chargers as the Challengers weren't listed back in 08! Glenns SE, is one day and 4 hours older than mine, older redhead model, hahaha!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts