Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man what a day it was. I was first in line and I will be posting my sheets this evening. but I made 4 pulls. best HP at the wheels was 190.
I did 2 ET runs with the tree and best was 15.97 @ 87.96mph. I was really suprised at those numbers.
I was able to get one of my pulls in doing top end run. Hit 120mph at 5500 rpms. After next mod I will be going back, I coached the kid when he was in school, so he has no problem of me coming in any time to do some runs.

Chris did one pull and Jason Buda did 2 pulls. One with exhaust open and one regular exhaust. THE BEAST WAS LOOSE TODAY!!!

Jack came in a little late but was able to get one pull in and he will probably post his also.

I know they will be posting numbers soon

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw, this was done with the tranny in 3rd gear, never used 4th.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure what you mean by CMR dyno, but I will be posting pics of my tech sheets here before the night is over with.

along with car pics too.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
They were just for kicks mainly. Ryan doesn't have the software yet to dyno tune our cars.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Agreed it was fun! Got 335hp & 371tq at the wheels. Had a stock ls3 camaro there pulling 345hp & 35Xtq at the wheels. So 10hp less and almost 20lbs of torq more than the ls3!
Btw, pulls were on a mustang dyno. So they are lower than what you'd see on a dynojet.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Ryan has a very conservative dyno, so you won't see inflated numbers, but usable real world HP and torque. 330 HP and 348 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels. Now I kind of have a baseline to compare with any future mods like a CMR tune.

Jack

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here are mine.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Btw, pulls were on a mustang dyno. So they are lower than what you'd see on a dynojet.
And much closer to being correct. Dynojet numbers are inflated.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Which makes me wonder how Dodge gets their numbers. Are they just estimated or do they fluff up the numbers to sell cars? I know they advertise crank HP and torque, but figuring in the parasitic loss through the drivetrain, mine still isn't what Dodge advertises even with my mods.

Jack(I'm in the 12's [email protected]*h) G.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Well looking at the camaro, it seems to have lost a good 19-20%. So I'm sure we could say a 19-20% loss also to keep it safe.

Also, people are putting down 300-305 stock on a mustang dyno, which makes it a 19-20% lose from dodges factory numbers. This puts both me and jack somewhere between 410-420hp.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
is that a simulated quarter mile run on the dyno?
yes, he has a light tree to go by and put in weather perameters for the run.

another thing to note is this was all done with me running the 89 octane tune from my predator.

I will be going back out to him again and do runs with it set at the 91 and then the 93 tune to see if there is that much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Don't forget Super Dave, you must run the minimum octane as per the tune. Just sayin'.....:tease:

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pics from Dyno Day......:bigcamera:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Love the picture of Jasons! Next time back we'll have to get a video of everyones pulls

·
Registered
332 Posts
Love the picture of Jasons! Next time back we'll have to get a video of everyones pulls
That was a good pic (thanks Dave), I ran a few HP lower than in Feb but it as a bit warmer out these days..... 479 HP, 506 TQ closed exhaust

480 HP, 439 TQ with the cutouts open

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts