Challenger Life Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this discussed in another forum thread but it did not completely satisfy me with an answer.

OK so the ESP can be partially shut off using the dash button control.
I also heard there was a complete shut off mode that had to do with turning the key to the right while driving. Any truth to this? :?:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Yes its correct, I have only done it a few times but it works
It turns off ESP and ABS I believe. I wanna try it at the strip to see if it can make a difference

·
Registered
382 Posts
the key is to turn the key while you are at 20kms, you'll hear a chime and then it is is disabled, it does reset when you turn the car off.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I did it few times on my other car, haven't done it on this one yet, but I think it does disable both, the ESP fully for sure.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Partially right...partially wrong...
On the SRT it can be completely turned off. On the R/T it cannot be COMPLETELY turned off even though you get the panel to light up. That is for the '09's, may be different for the '10's.
agentorange:nutkick:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Partially right...partially wrong...
On the SRT it can be completely turned off. On the R/T it cannot be COMPLETELY turned off even though you get the panel to light up. That is for the '09's, may be different for the '10's.
agentorange:nutkick:
It can definately be turned off completely in the 2009 R/T. I have the 09 R/T and have spun the tires and drifted in all 3 modes. That is with esp on, partially off by using the button, and completely off using the key trick. With it only partially off the car will still catch you when you start sliding but when it is all the way off no matter how much you slide or for how long it wont catch you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts