Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose that if EVIC didn't come factory loaded, it can't be added???:question:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
I dont think so. but I may be wrong. Would like to have it in my SE.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't read anything on either way. The Dodge web site just tells about it, but dosen't say if it could be added.
It was supposed to be in it when I ordered, but it somehow didn't get put in. But the remote should be coming soon to be added.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
remote start from the dealer is $210 last time I looked. Jessie(service manager) told me it would cost about $90 to install it. so I got to make a choice since all my choices are expensive.... remote start, mygig radio, or predator.

predator is first on the Wish list for Christmas.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I through a fit the day we went to pick it up, so they just added it in with the sale price. So I'll just pay for that with the monthly note.
Preditor is next on my list also. Maybe a birthday present in Januarary.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
you good at devulging secrets and how much it cost ya? ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
you need to add the steering wheel remote switches, which is the hardest part. you also need to add the homelink module and a EVIC equipped cluster. then there is the programming part to enable these features.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
you need to add the steering wheel remote switches, which is the hardest part. you also need to add the homelink module and a EVIC equipped cluster. then there is the programming part to enable these features.
i rekon that cost some big bucks to get all that done too.:bigseeingdollars:

·
Registered
136 Posts
the steering wheel switches are about $110
the wire harness for them is about $35
the SCM is about $350
the cluster is about $600
the homelink module is about $280
the wire harness for the homelink is part of the headliner. they have a repair kit for the homelink module harness for $20 and then you have to make the rest of the harness yourself.

then you need to enable the steering wheel remote switches, the EVIC reconfigurable display, the compass, and outside temp. i don't think the dealer can do any of this for you. that is why nobody has been able to add this. many have tried for years without success.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
yup, that is a little out of my budget....hehe, I would like to try to get the rear view mirror hook up for the auto dimming one.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was wondering if it could be done because the JERK at the dealership that forgot to add Evic to the order told me that it could not be added. I am gonna get this dealership to take the car back & get it put it.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the steering wheel switches are about $110
the wire harness for them is about $35
the SCM is about $350
the cluster is about $600
the homelink module is about $280
the wire harness for the homelink is part of the headliner. they have a repair kit for the homelink module harness for $20 and then you have to make the rest of the harness yourself.

then you need to enable the steering wheel remote switches, the EVIC reconfigurable display, the compass, and outside temp. i don't think the dealer can do any of this for you. that is why nobody has been able to add this. many have tried for years without success.
I have sterering wheel controls that came for the use of Sound Group II & the nav system. What esle would I need for the EVIC? The cluster for sure, but other than that?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
You may even be able to get the parts cheap out of one of the totaled Challengers out there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have sterering wheel controls that came for the use of Sound Group II & the nav system. What esle would I need for the EVIC? The cluster for sure, but other than that?
you need the homelink module in the overhead console. that is where the EVIC controller is. that and the cluster is all the hardware you need for your 2010. i'm not sure if you would need any programming. it may be a plug-n-play for you. or maybe just the compass/temp will need to be enabled. at the most, they will need to enable the EVIC module.

it maybe hard getting the new cluster from the dealer. it needs the VIN and mileage programmed into it before they will sell it to you. also the RDZ sales code for EVIC reconfigurable display needs to be added to your VIN with chrysler to keep the warranty.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Tony. That seems easy enough. I'm just trying to get everything lined out before I get home, because I'm gonna try to get dealeship to do this. They have already told me that it couldn't be done unless it came from the factory. But now I can tell them that they are full of s*&%. I can go in there now & spit out some words like I KNOW what I'm talking about.

Shannon

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SS
Would you happen to have the part numbers for the Homelink & Cluster?
I was at the dealer today & still they look at me like I nuts when I tell them that I want to add EVIC.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
I know Helen has a hard tie dealing with performance cars. Unless you have a part number to show her, she is in the dark.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Got with Jesse today while I was at Greens. We got the part numbers figured out. He's gonna check to see what else needs to be done. Programming, sales codes etc. Pretty sharp guy. He don't mind working with you on something.
Who is Helen?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts