Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midnight Fantasies Lakefront Tour 2010 day one, and has it been a busy day indeed. All started by being inline ready for classification d registration at 6:30 in the morning. Also at that time they judge you car to get that out of the way. Once that is done then I pulled inside of the Civic Center and they led me to my spot. Once parked inside I started going through my wipe down ritual and getting all the little details of my die cast cars and notebook on display.
As time passed by around 8:00 a photographer was taking pics of all the cars on the inside. I notice that he also took a pic of my engine bay. I ke0pt getting the little things cleaned up after he was done and finally got to sit down. About 30 minutes later a lady came around passing out a flyer about this business that took the pics and what they were offering as far as posters and plaques. Well I went to go check it out and the guy inside the trailer showed me what mine would look like with the pics he took of my car. I told him that I would be getting a plaque before the show was over.

Well a while later I was outside walking around taking pics of all the outside cars and trucks and I happened to stroll pass their trailer again and look what I saw hanging as a display example…..

Right then and there I went in and ordered my plaque.(11x14) for $30. Of course I freaked out about the 16x20 display poster but another $40 was a little out of my budget for the rest of the show. But any way the told me that they were going to used it as an example for their next show they do. So I felt honored to say the least. But anyway here is the plaque that I got.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now that I got that part out of the way, here comes the show part. I have never talked so much about one car in my life like I did i today about my car to folks attending the show. This car is a MAGNET!!! I am telling you now---- IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE BLUE!!!

Man I talked to so many people today it aint funny. Cameras were flashing everywhere. Hell, it was the only Challenger in there. I did have a fellow mopar owner next to me with his bagged Magnum with lambo doors.

but we the only mopars there till a wide body challenger came to the show in the afternoon.

NO NEW CAMAROS ??? WTH
2 NEW MUSTANGS ??? WTH

couldnt figure that out for the life of me. Alot of old school hot rods there though. :thumbupleft:

more pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
That's pretty cool Dave.

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, here is a pic of me and my ride as it was parked inside. no pollan, rain or leaves to worry about.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
nice thread Dave. :thumbupleft:
While I can appreciate the effort that went into the Magnum I think they ruined it...imo

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, no that I have had some down time I guess, besides going to jury duty today, it is time to report on Day 2.

Still the flow of the crown stolled by Intimidator and still alot of questions to answer for everyone. May have convinced a few more possible camaro buyers to change their mind and get a challenger. That was a good feeling. even gave a few people a view behind the wheel, I think that sold them.

At 4:00 they started the awards ceremony.
the Magnum above took best paint of the show.
My son with his 05 chevy truck suprisingly took 3rd. Proud papa here indeed.!! :clap: :clap: :thumbupleft:

As far as the Intimidator was concerned well, came home empty handed :;:)

come to find out that there was only 1 catagory for muscle cars. and again there is no way a new car like mine can compete against cars like 67,68,69 camaros,vettes, Lemans that were at the show. there were a few fiolks complaining about that too. they need to split it up some like they do the trucks. Mild wild and so forth.

but anyway, I had a good time came home with a clean car....lol and alot of good memories of talking to others about their cars and trucks. I plan on doing it again next year and hopefully they will get this catagory thing fixed.

I will be posting pics soon, as I need to resize them for the site.

one thing is for sure, Intimidator all waxed up = eyeballs on it.!!:bigwow::bigwow::bigwow::bigcamera::bigcamera::bigcamera:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Well like u, love the interaction with people, reaction/pride in our mods, trophies/awards are sort of a bonus, sometimes even a SHOCK. Glad u had a GREAT time, know u made new friends, car still looks clean/shiny bet u sold atleast one new Challenger! That was my mistake- sitting in one didn't sleep till I got one, then not till next day after! Congrats Dave on representing regardless of win( your two this year still beats this entire membership!), Mark

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
LOVE the car but WHO let that UGLY guy into the picture!! :neener:

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
btw, here is my son with his truck, really mine I am still paying the note on it...:;:)

and yes, I painted his engine cover for him too. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Couldn't help noticing the Dodge in the background of the 2nd pic. Those rims are huge..... must be 30's :bigwow:

·
Super Moderator
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just wait till I get the rest of the pics up in the photo album for the show, you would be suprised of what some of the trucks had on them.

btw can we expand album space? :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts