Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wasn't sure which section to put this in, so if it's in the wrong one feel free to move! Was going to order the Raptor Dual Stage (Shift and Launch), with the extra trigger wire and their warning light to accomplish this, but luckily for ME I called them to make sure the the extra wire would work for "Launch" feature, it does NOT. So once I explained what I was trying to do, Ricky at Raptor told me they could build it with the warning light separate from the controller, and even put crimp connections on the "tail" of controllers wires (about 10") and the three wire cable from the light is about 6-8' cause when I talked to them I was going to just mount the controller in the glove box/compartment but thru procrastination in actually INSTALLING it, changed locations to the kick panel. Routed main 5wire cable up and behind KNEE panel, out thru the unused grommet to computer, spliced in the power and ground from a couple switches in have installed in the coin holder of console, powered off the ACC lighter connection (you can change this from ACC to always on by moving the FUSE, little remembered fact). The switches are mounted so that when top of lighted rocker is pressed, turns them on VERY stealthy and first switch powers shift light AND second switch, which will be the Line Lock power switch in the future. Length of main cable worked out SWEET, ran all the way plus a bit to puter, where I hooked in to power/ground under dash allows me to use the now dead from that point, power and ground wire that run thru the firewall, though they may be too small gauge for the future line lock. Anyway I'll post a couple picture I took that may help if you want to install one, getting bezel off isn't hard, just do a Knee panel removal that starts at door/dash panels then remove the screws at bottom, pops out. Don't remember the exact drill size I used but it was just big enough for the smaller three wire cable maybe 1/4"-5/16", tiny pilot hole for the one screw that holds the lights base. On the kick panel I drilled ONE hole for the main cable, and the lights short cable (they had even pre-crimped 22G connectors to this end but I replaced with a female mini-RCA stereo jack) goes/thread up to the male RCA Mini coming from the light, with the remaining wire from the light just coiled behind the knee panels STEEL panel (didn't have the heart to cut it, never know). WORKS great! Haven't got to play with launch much yet, but have finally settled on 5.4K for 2-3 shift, which is why I bought it cause I have always driven by ear, but that 2-3 comes so fast and 5.5K was a bit late, 5.3K a bit to early but yesterday 5.5K was just right, smooth shift just before shutoff, bet that Chevy thought so too! :D What I got from Raptor; $shiftins1.jpg Under side of coin trays two rocker switches (Radio Shack Red LED lighted when on Oblong Auto Rocker switches) $shiftins2.jpg Grommet I drilled and used to run wire cable out to engine bay $shiftins4.jpg Back side shot of bezel $shiftins6.jpg

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back side of kick panel $shiftins7.jpg Front side I used 3/4" Nylon bundle claps screwed to panel $shiftins8 (1).jpg The connections to the Main Computer maked for you. The Tach trigger wire is the #1 coil wire on C2, but OF COURSE the clutch pedal wire is on C3 the lowest one. $shiftins9.jpg picture of the wires AFTER you break of several of the little snap on thingees to remove the covers, LOL! $shiftins10.jpg Mounted and rolling, simple double tap (within 1/2 second) enable/disables launch $shiftins11.JPG

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your shift light is on your kick panel?
Light is on Bezel in front of Tach, fits great doesn't hang out past front of bezel but that should be the first picture on post 1, a photobucket link to a picture that took 10 some tries with my finger on camera button, my RTs are slow, LOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts