Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was behind a Camaro the other day and noticed that they had flashing brake lights and sequential turn signals. I WANT!! I looked online and all I could find were the ones for the Camaro.....does anyone know if they make such a thing for the Challenger....or would any ones work? I'm very new at all this so I apologize if I'm asking a dumb question.....

Meg :p

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Not a dumb question. There are at least a few on here who have them. I'm sure they'll pipe in sooner or later with info. :)

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
webelectrics has the ones for the challenger.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/
Good products and people at Web, great support if you need it. It is an owners install, you should have help to make it easier and take your time. Read the directions 1st and often during the install to be sure. I don't have the pulse brake light and can't say I remember ever seeing one. LET THE MODDING BEGIN! ! !

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I have the WebElectric ones. :partydance:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks real cool when your behind 5 or 6 or more Challengers? :thewave:

:DMeg, there is a kind of trick you so to make the break lights flash in sequence... :readthemanual:(not included in the directions) ... SgtDew (SCLX) fixed mine in the parking lot at the last cruise we had! Some kind of phone type wire you unplug.... Maybe some one who knows what I'm talk'n bout will explain it to you....:bigidontknow:
:question:BTW: Is there anyway to slow them down? Mine are faster than others that I've seen....
===Debbie

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Sickr bee I LOVE the PCP.....my new tags say PLM CRZ. :)

I didn't know the webelectric ones did the sequential brake light flash......very interesting!!! Is there any video around of that? I'd love to see it. My 18 year old son will probably be more than happy to help me install them lol.

This will be my first mod....I'm so excited!!! :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm seriously thinking of getting the webelectric sequential and brake pulse for my next mod. might have to wait for September on my birthday though :(

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm with ya IDMTFIREFIGHTER.... They look freaking sweet! May have to put them on my Future Mods list. How difficult of an install is it? I looked for a video walk thru but haven't found anything yet.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
its one of those mods that has several little things that have to be done exactly right or you will have problems. nothing hard just tedious and in a specific order. remove this screw before removing this plug and then this wing nut type thing. nothing hard at all about the install except following the directions and some of the plugs are about the same size and can be crossed causing failure. two people is best because of dealing in close quarters with the trunk halfway open and working on the center light bar. the phone cord connects the two sides together and is what keeps the brake lights from sequencing. That cord is there because some states don't allow sequencing brake lights but the omission of that cord gives you full brake sequence like the video. if plugged in, only the two outside brake lights come on together, the signals still sequence. about a 2 hour install with mininum tools. I think the only problem is the torques bit to remove screws that hold the center light bar onto the trunk lid.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Fairly easy. Just follow the enclosed directions (with pics) closely.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Houdini thanks for posting the video.....I'm sold!

Hesser any thoughts on how I would find out if my state allows the sequential brake lights? Although, to be fair, I would probably do them regardless lol.

Idmtfirefighter....I'm a September baby too...mine is the 15th. I'm putting a lot of car stuff on my list this year for sure.

Meg

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Houdini thanks for posting the video.....I'm sold!

Hesser any thoughts on how I would find out if my state allows the sequential brake lights? Although, to be fair, I would probably do them regardless lol.

Idmtfirefighter....I'm a September baby too...mine is the 15th. I'm putting a lot of car stuff on my list this year for sure.

Meg
Tony lives in Jersey, he should know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed webelectrics on my 2011 and I love it. I did leave one side of the phone cord unpluged so my hazzards would sequence but I did not know that my brakes sequence which is great. Webelectrics is a great company when I ran into some problems i gave them a call and they help me step by step. If you do have a 2011 there is a wire you have to cut but, its easy. I notice that the new mustanges have the sequence on them already, maybe the 2012 challengers will too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts