Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Gia, I'm from Tbilisi, Georgia. No, this is not the state in the US.
There is such a small country on the outskirts of Europe, one of the republics of the former USSR
4 months ago, I bought at the copart auction a car of my dreams :) Challenger SXT 2016.

It cost me the annual salary .. Yes, the salary we are not as high as in Georgia :)
Transportation from Houston to the Black Sea took 4 months, of which 2 months the car stood in the port of Houston.
The car was damaged by water with TX - SALVAGE TITLE-FLOOD DAMAGE, but run &drive.

Water line got almost to the door. Tell me please, what am I afraid of? What could the water do?

PS. Sorry for my english, translated by Google J

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
well WELCOME TO THE LIFE!! and congrats on your purchase, but now the real news sets in.. first thing I would do is take it to a shop if you have a good one you can depend on over there and have it checked out under the carpet and all. check for water in oil in engine. have the motor drained and flushed and put new oil in it. same for transmission and rear end.and axle seals.... even though it wasn't that deep in the water, it needs to be checked out. as far as the inside you can tell by the smell. for it being in transport that long that means the windows were never opened and give the car a chance to air out. I would just basically have them do a real go over to check it all out.....

also please report back if you do this, would like to know how a car would make it over there after all it has gone through from the US to your land.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts