Challenger Life Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,444 Posts
well, i dont see one in my future as they start pricing them around 60K so I will keep my 5.7 2009 and be happy as it will be paid for in a year and a half.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Maybe in a couple of years I'll be ready for an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
well, i dont see one in my future as they start pricing them around 60K so I will keep my 5.7 2009 and be happy as it will be paid for in a year and a half.
April or May here. After that.................yeah, I think she's a keeper. There will always be something more shiny and faster. BABY still does everything I wanted to this day and I don't see that changing in like, forever. Have I mentioned car love? :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I doubt anyone will get one out of the dealer's door for less than $75k. I remember when Buick Grand Nationals were new in 1987 (at the time, it was the fastest GM car ever built) and dealers were marking them up $10k or more over the sticker. I expect the same thing will happen to the HellCat. I suspect they will be ultra-scarce and it's likely that most dealers won't even get one.

The HellCat definitely took some balls on management's part to build, gotta give 'em that. It will be talked about forever just like the 426 Hemi anything, COPO Camaros, Thunderbolt Fords, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
A couple of guys I know personally have pre-ordered theirs, they have their respective deals locked in around $67K. The gas guzzler tax is unavoidable, the reputable dealers are out there that aren't looking to gouge folks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, somewhere I read that during the test drive, they got 9.5 mpg, so if any car should have the gas-guzzler tax, it would be this one. All that hp has a price.
I've bought enough cars to know that until you are driving the car home, the deal isn't done. If they have already quoted $67k without even having the car, then taxes, fees, and anything else the dealer wants to add will push the out-the-door price to $75k or more. Just watch.

·
Super Moderator
5,444 Posts
the Z28 is suppose to be over $75,000 to start with, and not even near the HP the Challenger will have.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Seems they (Dodge) have been putting on this "show" at every event as they just did it again at the Mile-High Nationals BUT the official NHRA certified number is 11.2 (probably a 6M). Think its great to start saying Challenger is da top Muscle Car and soo many are putting theirs back to stock to sell/trade in that it is releasing a lot more to us not so much money crowd, and know of one fairly close friend getting/signed up for a new Hellcat no "Jelly" here!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
the Z28 is suppose to be over $75,000 to start with, and not even near the HP the Challenger will have.
.....but the car is a bit lighter and let's face it, the tuning will probably be out for it the day it's released. I couldn't get over the fact at the Texas Mile there was a 2014 Corvette already with a nasty cam and tuning. Dodge has a long way to go yet as far as listening to their core of grass roots racers.

Reactions: IntimidatorR/T
1 - 10 of 10 Posts