Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well done deal, Inertia Motorsports ver. 1.1 is ordered. Figured it will better support the mods, and do even better with the stroker kit... can't wait til she gets here.

Did get my sequentials (smart set) in last night, nose emblem arrived as well, all skirting and valences are in for paint, and hood is getting shot in 2 weeks... boy I can't wait to see my baby in her beauty.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Neither can I :D Post PICS when you get everything on :thumbupleft:

I am REALLY interested in what you think of the cam once it is in

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
found this - you might want to follow their build for ideas and snags

http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62189

BritishNate recently installed Inertia's second released set of the 3.5L Version 1.1 Camshafts in his 2005 Dodge Magnum V6 and has shown gains of approximately 17-18HP @ 5200rpm and a gain of about 15-16 TQ @ 4800rpm.

After adding a ported throttle body to allow better airflow into the motor, he picked up an additional 5-7HP @ 5250RPM and about 5-7TQ @ 3700RPM.

With more tuning left to do to improve the air/fuel ratio, we expect even better gains from this set up.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Yes. We want pics.... or it didn't happen. lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ hahahaha I'm not too terribly worried, install will be done at a local dealership that I deal with on a regular almost daily basis, and programming will be done at a performance shop across the street from the dealership.

I want to do this right and proper, and yeild the best performance I can without compromising engine integrity.

·
Registered
136 Posts
seems like a lot of money and work to gain so little and even lose power where you use it the most. you could probably gain more power thoughout the entire power band with a carefull CMR dyno tune.

those cams look like they came to the market with little or no R & D.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these were actually tested and refined by Crowell, a BIG name cam company. As for gains, it's not just 1 added item, this will tie in the entire 4.0L stroker kit and the S/C.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
can you post a link to the 4.0L stroker kit - I would appreciate it

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ correct, it will work nicely with the engine mods and stroker kit, just waiting on programming for the stroker kit,

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I wish they would post actual cars that run a manufacturers' cams on their sites. It would be great to be able to hear what the idle would sound like.

El Conquistador

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Arrington Cams from the Dodge shop in Virginia, I want a new cam but Ive been told its alot of trouble

1 - 13 of 13 Posts