Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I am currently stationed in Guantanamo Bay Cuba with the DoD and am looking to buy a new SRT 8 challenger when I return hopefully by the end of May. I am here to look around and hear from everybody about the good and the bad about the challenger. I have decided to go with the SRT 8 over the Camaro SS due to what people have told me about the challenger having more room inside than the Camaro. I am trying to get a flight home for a weekend to go and test drive one of the new challengers but that might not happen. Do any of you know how long it would take to order a new one from the time at the dealer to delivery? I would like to have it before I have to leave again but I will only be home for 6 weeks. It will be stored after I get it but I would like to enjoy it before I have to leave it. Thanks and I am looking forward to chatting with a lot of you all.

Thanks

Todd

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Welcome from duh local medic
Made a few trips down to GTMO back in the day when I was flying medevac in the AF.
Used to trade fresh milk with the fire department guys for bottles of rum.
Hope you enjoy your time here :D

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Welcome,

First, there is nothing bad with the Challenger, only good. :D

Depends on the model, color and options as to how long it takes - due to scheduling. It took my Silver R/T Classic, with virtually everything but the sunroof, 8 weeks (and a day) from order to delivery. That's about the quickest I know of. The dealer had told me about 8 - 12 weeks.

If they could have found one with all the options I wanted in the color I wanted, I probably would have taken it. But I wanted the new Super Track Pak option, and none on the lots had that option yet. And I kinda like having the "Built Especially for Dave ____" on the window sticker :cool:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hey Quicksilver - glad you came on over!! :)

"A small world but a Black One"

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the world. Unless you want your name on the window sticker, you can find the exact car you want with either a dealer search or the internet.

Jack

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A good 2/3rds of the folks I've met, would not fit in a Macaro, plenty of room in the Challenger, even with a sunroof.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A good 2/3rds of the folks I've met, would not fit in a Macaro, plenty of room in the Challenger, even with a sunroof.
The sunroof actually gives you less headroom. If you're quite tall - I'm not - you may not want it.

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE WORLD!!!

glad you chose the car that will get you the most attention ever.

"they ask are you having a midlife crisis? Nope it's just midlife, no crisis here":eek:ldtimer:

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
welcome to the forum:thumbupleft: i looked at all 3 before making my purchase
and the Challengers back seat room was an added plus to the best
looking car on the road.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
YES Sir more leg room, more head room, best one on the road from a big guy this car is awesome.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yeah black out some of those

1 - 13 of 13 Posts