Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello, and to thank Ghostdance for the invite. I already see several folks/names that I recognize from other forums.

As a point of introduction, let me start of by saying, my name is Mike Willoughby, and I am a car-aholic. Part of the "cure" is admitting the problem, but quite frankly, I hope I never get "cured". I'll just keep admitting I have a problem...

I've got a 09 R/T Auto, Dark Titanium. Custom ghost flames with purple tips. I'll try and post a pic here.

Cervini Ram Air, little bit of bling under the hood, ASA AR-9 Wheels with purple inserts. Stock interior with purple powdercoated accents (window buttons, A/C knobs, stereo knobs, shifter plate cover).

Still working on the next mod, which hopefully will really spice up the engine compartment. Not saying much about it right now just in case it doesn't turn out.

Love my challenger, love all kinds of muscle cars/classic cars. Have restored a Olds Cutlass and a 66 Fairlane before deciding I wanted the creature comforts that the new cars bring. Always wanted a 72 Challenger (or cuda, but can't afford that), so when Dodge came out with the new Challenger, I knew that I'd have to own one.

Anyways, thanks for the invite Ghost and thanks for the welcome pm idmtfirefighter. Just finished dinner, so now gotta go walk off the good grub.

Looking forward to participating in the forum. I really enjoy reading all about the different mods folks are doing. That Ghost does some pretty ingenious things!

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Welcome. Those flames are sweet. Subtle, not overdone. :clap:

G

·
Hey Mike! Welcome and man, what a beautiful car. I love the flames and have always been a fan of the Titanium cars. Yours looks great.

Got a question... what's your take of the Cervini's? That is near the top of my mod list but not quite at the top. Had I seen it before I dropped 250+ for the K&N I would have gotten it instead.

What's your opinion of the install and quality and does it significantly change the sound from under the hood?

Thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome to the Life... one sexy ass car there. Get your garage/album up yet? Would like to see more pleeeeeese

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mike! Welcome and man, what a beautiful car. I love the flames and have always been a fan of the Titanium cars. Yours looks great.

Got a question... what's your take of the Cervini's? That is near the top of my mod list but not quite at the top. Had I seen it before I dropped 250+ for the K&N I would have gotten it instead.

What's your opinion of the install and quality and does it significantly change the sound from under the hood?

Thanks,
Wes
Wes - In a nutshell, Im pretty happy overall with the Cervini system. In my opinion, it is at LEAST as functional as a standard Cold Air Intake, and perhaps more, given the additional feed coming in from the hood vents. Since the price was about the same as a CAI, I opted to go this route, and glad I did.

It does change the sound from under the hood, at partial or WOT. I'm not sure how much more or different than a standard CAI, but it definitely lets you know it's there.

As far as form and fit, I did have some minor issues. The main part that goes onto the hood fit fine. I wasn't looking forward to drilling 31 holes in my hood, but it worked out okay. The only part I had some issues with was the holes on the screen covering the airbox not lining up, and the airbox not lining up exactly right with the feed hole in the hood mounted part. I put some foam around the opening to help seal it. Plus the aluminium screen cover was hitting on a corner of the main unit.. Had to grind the airbox down a little to give some extra clearance and now I think Im okay. I don't know if they've gotten better with it, or what, but that was a minor issue overall.

I'd give it

Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGER LIFE ASYLUM!!! :tease:

G

·
Cool deal, I appreciate the info. You're right, it is about the same price as a CAI system and just the design alone says it has to be more efficient as a CAI than any of the others.

I wish I had seen the Cervini's first as I would have bought it rather than the K&N I bought. Now I'm the proud owner of a K&N drop in filter and a K&N CAI system that I may end up taking off and hanging in the shop.

I sure do like the design of the Cervini's system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the Life... one sexy ass car there. Get your garage/album up yet? Would like to see more pleeeeeese
Got the garage open.. and got a few pictures posted. I need to take more.

Thanks for all the comments and the welcome guys.. Sure do appreciate it

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Welcome to the LIFE! That's one gorgeous car you have. :thumbupleft:

Jack

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Welcome Walaby, glad to see u here! Great place, great folks, almost as secret as our cars, hahaha! And Wes, u become a true customizer/modaholic when u take off new parts, put on shelf for newer! Next step is buying something, then deciding not to install it! Jerri's(gf) even stopped trying to figure out what's going on, just glad it's not her time/$! All hail the parts shelf, as it's bounty will surely grow! Mark

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hey Mike - glad you made it :)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Looking forward to participating in the forum. I really enjoy reading all about the different mods folks are doing. That Ghost does some pretty ingenious things!

Mike
NOT saying I would DO IT.......:wrench:.....Buuuuutttt...........:neener:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts