Help, need your opinions | Challenger Life Forums

Help, need your opinions

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback, Tech Support.' started by 2010FFRTClassic, Nov 15, 2012.

1. 2010FFRTClassic

2010FFRTClassic New Member

Yes $ is an issue and eventually it will all be done but what should i do first? Exhaust, cold air intake,tints, front and rear strut tower braces, color match engine cover if available, tuner. Supercharger is last after this baby is bought and paid for hahaha! Put the others in order that you would do em and add other things you think are needed where you think they fit into the list.

2. DragonFire

DragonFire Well-Known Member

It depends what you want most, I want to be able to explain it to you but there is probably better ways to go about it then my method. I wanted a show car at first so I changed my stripes customized the engine bay( color matched the covers, shock tower covers, and anything else plastic and bland. I owe Ghost for showing me how to do a lot of self painting on the lowers to match the body color which makes the car look that much lower to the ground, I also got some lowered springs which to me makes it sit the way a muscle car should. But I would say after some custom badging and a few other small things thats where you have to stop playing it small $ wise, If your gonna want to go with a SC eventually there is no reason to buy a CAI now as it will be useless after the CAI, if your gonna do any kind of engine modifications like changing headers or that aren't bolt on your going to need to be aware of the size of pipe your going to need for the exhaust. But that is just what I have done, I know I missed some stuff and I know from my next step its not cheap if I want to go over what I have.

3. IntimidatorR/T

IntimidatorR/T Challenger Life Moderator Staff Member Ride of the Month

there are treads on this forum that deals with the very questions you ask. everybody has their own preferences on what they like,

4. Hesser

Hesser Well-Known Member

Since you are going to be cold up there in the northeast, MOPAR remote start. Then CAI, sequential tail lights and tint. Then just let the modaholic in you take over.

5. 2010FFRTClassic

I appreciate all the info and opinions boys! Thank u much!

6. shiftintohigh

shiftintohigh New Member

Strut tower brace makes a big difference in handling. Do you need to go fast, handle well, look good, or... or all of it?

7. Debwal

Debwal Member

First a good radar!:p
    Then you gotta sound good so exhaust and CAI! ♥♥♥
    For exterior U gotta love the sequential tail lights! Nothing looks as cool as being in a line with 10 more challengers bout to make a turn all with sequentials! some of u know exactly what I talk'N bout! Good luck with your mods ! main thing is make it all yours!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  8. 2010FFRTClassic

Shiftin, I need all of it hahaha and thank u 2 Deb!

9. deranged

deranged Well-Known Member

I figure it this way. There will always be somebody with more cubic $$$ to go fast in a straight line. When we get to a turn he'll go in the ditch as I watch in my rearview.

I don't need to be the fastest in the 1/4 mile and don't want to hurt reliability or longevity, plus I like to go around corners at scary speeds. :swerve:

10. DragonFire

DragonFire Well-Known Member

De, next time you come to Texas I will let you try the sideways slide....I am sure you will like taking curves in Dragon, I just ask that you add to the save for new tires fund.

11. shiftintohigh

shiftintohigh New Member

2010FF - Lol, Yep, I figured as much. That puts us back a square one. The good news is there is no correct order, the bad news is, there is no correct order! I think deranged an I agree on the handling aspect. You can use that every time you turn the wheel. Going quicker in a straight line is only one dimension of these cars. imho. You can always attend a show or event to see, hear, touch, taste the mods your thinking of.

I would probably do a CAI and then a strut tower brace to start with. Why? Less $'s and immediate gratification on both. You will surely hear and probably feel the diff with a CAI. The strut brace you will feel too. It will give you a taste to see if you like improving the handling. (the whole car feels tighter) Do exhaust later and research it the most. Why? Read the posts here. About half of the owners who install some type of exhaust change end up making another change. It's easy to make a mistake here. Listen to some cars in person and talk to some folks first. Sometimes the You Tube videos are helpful.

Best of luck on your decision!

12. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

I usually go old style as far as engine mods, 1st) is CAI as it gives ya better bottom end, off line performance followed by exhaust which helps the top end. Sequentials for this car ( Jerris first fav mod), are really cool tho they are more for public enjoyment. Front strutbrace makes a big differance, tho myself don't see a real need for the rear one (after all you do have support there from rear window/window tray that is obviously missing from the front. And SOUND for me is right up there, added 6x9s to the rear on both cars, and this one I built the back seat delete to house them and a forward facing 12" sub. Then there are ALL the custom badging to do, once bitten by mod bug........ :D

13. Deep blue

Deep blue New Member

Front strut brace, exhaust for sound for now then upgrade when you win the lottery and can buy the super charger. Predator tune and drop in k&n filter till you get the s charger cause the plumbing might be different. Badges and decals can make a quick impact and not cost too much.