Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
It makes sense to do if you're throwing a Jones full boar muffler on it. You're not gonna want to leave the stock resonator on the back to kill the sound of your new muffler.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the issue.
The R/T in the vid had glasspacks with resonatoers and it sounded good.
I also need to find a decent exhaust guy who will work with carry in parts.
Meineke, Dobbs etc won't do work with carry in parts cause they want to sell their own products.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is the issue.
The R/T in the vid had glasspacks with resonatoers and it sounded good.
I also need to find a decent exhaust guy who will work with carry in parts.
Meineke, Dobbs etc won't do work with carry in parts cause they want to sell their own products.
Yeah but the hemis sound so much better than the V6 cars. Of course I haven't heard a V6 with the combo that you're considering on it either but I'd be surprised if the stock resonator doesn't kill the sound. That's interesting that Meineke won't do it, the one in our town installed my buddy's Flowmaster that he bought online. I guess it depends on the manager... my father-in-law manages a Monroe store and I know he has to push hard for sales.

·
Registered
168 Posts
so confused...

It's an R/T so don't know what an S/E would sound like but this is what I'm hoping for in sound.

ARRRGGGHHH!
Mr I ,how are you?.I have a vid that is not too high quality in YouTube I havnt been able to provide the link here.Its called Chally exhaust .Youll see the back of a dwb(me) and hear it. Its a total stock system w/just a Y (after the stock muffler) and 2 16in long body resos by Imco,to 2 tips.The resos/glasspacks are the 3.5 round ,16 long body 21in total length w/2.25 core tubes. My Y are also 2.25.It has almost no sound except 2-25k.Nice low humm mostly w/almost nothing at idle.Hope it can help.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr I ,how are you?.I have a vid that is not too high quality in YouTube I havnt been able to provide the link here.Its called Challenger exhaust .Youll see the back of a dwb(me) and hear it. Its a total stock system w/just a Y (after the stock muffler) and 2 16in long body resos by Imco,to 2 tips.The resos/glasspacks are the 3.5 round ,16 long body 21in total length w/2.25 core tubes. My Y are also 2.25.It has almost no sound except 2-25k.Nice low humm mostly w/almost nothing at idle.Hope it can help.
Thanks I'll take a lookey look.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
blastin bobs non resonated y-pipe back is what i put and i swear by it.
everyone that has heard it loves the sound and no drone.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
I suppose you have seen and heard mine in the videos I have posted?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
blastin bobs non resonated y-pipe back is what i put and i swear by it.
everyone that has heard it loves the sound and no drone.
If I was starting from stock again, this is the way I would go! Sounds good, well made, heard no complaints from owners, just my .02.:thumbupleft:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts