Hot Rod Feb '14 SRT8 vs GT500 vs ZL1 | Challenger Life Forums

Hot Rod Feb '14 SRT8 vs GT500 vs ZL1

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger and Industry News' started by Wrencher, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Wrencher

Wrencher New Member

The February 2014 Hot Rod mag has a nice 10-page article comparing the top performing Challenger, Camaro and Mustang models. It was mainly pro-Challenger, although it was the lowest horsepower car in the group. I have never heard of the SRT8 Core model before, but it sounds bare-bones...big motor and not much else (cloth seats and no-frills). The top speed reached in 1.5 miles was 174 mph for the Challenger. It was interesting that the Challenger was at least $20,000 LESS than the other two cars tested. Challenger SRT8 Core offers lots of bang for the buck.

I couldn't find a link to the article online yet. It appears Hot Rod delays publishing online for a month or so since January is the latest issue online right now.

2. shiftintohigh

shiftintohigh New Member

I read this too. I came away with a similar conclusion. Yes, you can have 550hp or so, for $62k, or you can have 472 hp for $40k. They go on to say that if you want an old school muscle car concept and feel, which is an intermediate body with a big torquey motor and awesome engine sound, the Challenger is the one.