Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago the first time I went to Oklahoma City on I-40 I knew Tinker Air Force base was in OKC but what I didn't know was the main runway was a rocks throw away from I-40, especially the East Bound side.

So my first trip I'm driving along, minding my own business when two F-16's came off the runway and over the interstate with the burners lit. Needless to say it scared the crap out of me.

Now I know to watch for low flying planes when I'm going to OKC. Yesterday I took this picture:

If you look you can see the road dips and rises. When you come off that rise if you look South you are looking directly down the main runway. Makes for some interesting trips sometimes.

During the Gulf War v1 we parked on a side road and watched F16's leave out 2x2x2 for about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
My father was in the AWACS developement program -that is what killed him. They used to spray down the electronics with agent orange to degrease them and maintain system connections (pre solid state circuitry) - he died from metastatic melanoma.

Still nice to see one flying high tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts