·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hey - you can't beat that price!! :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude I am totaly going back and forth back and forth. Can't make up my mind. The more I read and get feedback the more confused I get. I decide on something and then read someone says "oh you'll get so much drone" "Leave the resonator on or it will be brutal". Flowmaster sucks or magnaflow sucks.

Long story short I think I'm gonna go with Ghosts plan minus the Y to dual tips. It's a tested mod from a trusted source. Gonna go with a Jones Full Boar FB2543. Found that for $52.36 Shipped on amazon. I'll pick out a nice looking bolt on tip and be done.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Dude I am totaly going back and forth back and forth. Can't make up my mind. The more I read and get feedback the more confused I get. I decide on something and then read someone says "oh you'll get so much drone" "Leave the resonator on or it will be brutal". Flowmaster sucks or magnaflow sucks.

Long story short I think I'm gonna go with Ghosts plan minus the Y to dual tips. It's a tested mod from a trusted source. Gonna go with a Jones Full Boar FB2543. Found that for $52.36 Shipped on amazon. I'll pick out a nice looking bolt on tip and be done.
only drone I get is really under hard acceleration, and it doesnt last that long, go listen and look at my videos. on the strip and you can hear how it sounds. I am a firm beleiver now of magnaflows for cars. they just have a sweet sound and it doesnt get too loud either. no resonators either.

when we first did mine I left the resonators on and lowered the lift to crank it and listen. dang thing still sounded stock, so off with the resonators and now?....... :rockout:

and as you can see by my pic above, R/T dual exhaust was used.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
As one who has done countless custom installs, I would like to suggest you going with a Magnaflow that has an offset inlet. With a center inlet, you would run the risk of the mufflers actually touching sides and the installer would have more of a problem tucking the mufflers in more like what you would see on Dave's car. Just my 2 cents.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
As one who has done countless custom installs, I would like to suggest you going with a Magnaflow that has an offset inlet. With a center inlet, you would run the risk of the mufflers actually touching sides and the installer would have more of a problem tucking the mufflers in more like what you would see on Dave's car. Just my 2 cents.

Jack
and he is the one who installed mine!!! :rofl::lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
since my exhaust system and seasoned some, I will take some video this weekend outside and inside for you. That way you can listen to what I hear everyday. :dance:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
If your replacing the muffler on the single system, offset in/center out should work for u! And don't think in the end it will be too loud/dronie for u without resonator, and I agree with David that I have also become a fan of Magnaflow too, good sound gets better with age, but with resonators it's quieter than stock! But thats the good/bad balance of being on these forums, so much info/choices/opinions makes for FUN decisions, hahaha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts