Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 R/T auto has a corsa xtreme exhaust and a mopar cai, would a predator tune be worth it? I just basically want to disable the MDS. What could I expect to pick up horsepower wise? Should I just leave it alone or is the predator tune worth the money, it's a pisser it can't be used on more than one car or I'd split the cost of one with my buddie.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I see the words JUST BASICALLY, forgetaboutit. After you get it and work with someone that knows what it will do, you wont regret getting it and don't forget the computer cord. Can't speak for R/T but on my S/E it really helps with several things I never thought of.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Definitely makes a difference. Whether it's worth the money is subjective.

Just setting firm shifts (actually disabling or cutting back torque management) makes it feel like a beast. That's what I noticed most after going back to normal.

Reactions: Redbullssg

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
with all the adjustments you can make with a predator, it is very well worth it.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
in the RIGHT tuners hands it is worth every penny, Johan from Diablosport is one of the best unless you can find a local shop by you that deals with tuners themselves. I realized going to my local dealer they had no one that could work on modified cars but they were willing to....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
x2 houdini...worth is subjective...does it make a difference? yes. is it worth it? depends on the buyer

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
You'll wonder why you farted around so long and didn't get it. As far as it being "married" to only one car at a time yes, but it does so many things besides just load a tune and disable stuff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its worth the money. See if you can find one on Ebay, seen them for under 200.00

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I think if I can find a predator I'll give it a try, the intune, and trinity are just a bit too much money. Probably will like the the predator and upgrade as I heard the predator is kinda slow. Once you load a tune you generally don't mess with it do you? other than restore the stock tune for dealer visits.
Can anyone confrim that I CAN turn off the mds with a predator, I know the auto shows better results than the 6 speed. The couple of times that I romped on my R/T it seemed to go pretty good, (I did trade in a C6 on a FF and that car was really quick), everyone says I'll notice a difference, true? Thanks for the answers.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Yes, it will turn off MDS and change shift firmness on autos. Houdini had one, and Itzrick also and would sell/loan you one I believe. Like U stated I would try Predator before dropping $ on the upgraded Trinity.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've got one that I used on my 2010 that I don't want anymore. I would sell it for $125 + shipping. It comes with everything except for the manual. You can download that online if you need it. It comes with the power adapter to plug it A/C power for when you connect it to your PC. It also comes with the Serial to USB connection to plug the unit into your PC.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
b1gted,

PM sent. If I just dis-able the mds, firm up the shift points and throttle boost, leaving the stock tune intact. Will I need to ever go back to everything stock, or am I done with the changes? I would think with those parameters set I would not have to ever change another thing.After I do those items, can I un-marry it to the car and use it on my other R/T?

·
Registered
343 Posts
sorry I didn't see the person offering one. I looked at the post but didn't turn the page. I don't want to sell it but mine is unmarried and if you want to pay for shipping and try it out and unmarry it I can send it back or if one of the guys around my area can get it to you cheaper than shipping we can do it that way. I have no need for it but don't want to sell it or give it away yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
View attachment 7762
Okay, I now own a predator, when it shows up everyone be prepared to answer MORE questions. Thanks Ted for the good deal, Curt

1 - 20 of 29 Posts