Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
not sure about the keyless go option, I know the remote start can be installed. I have already inquired about that at my dealer. I had that on my Chevy truck and I do miss that option.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
The keyless go can be done but not by normal standards. It will cost alot since the electronics for it dont exist in the SE models...... should have been though.

The following info was extracted from another forum.......this ought to get people talking

To dispel any myths, here is what is needed:
EVIC: does not matter. That is just for display. Without EVIC, everything works just fine. When you press the button once, all your accessories will come on. A second press and the car will start.
The WIN: (Wireless Ignition Node) also does not matter. Any WIN will work.
The FOBIKs: there are 2 types of FOBIKS. If your car did not come with Keyless Go, then you have BASE FOBIKS. They will never work with KG. You have to have Keyless Go Fobiks. The KG FOBIKS have more electronics inside that receive commands from the PEM (Passive Entry Module)
PEM: You need a PEM installed on the CAB B Bus for the system to work. The PEM is attached to 2 LF antenna's. 1 under the back seat and 1 in the IP.

How it all works:
With the Keyless Go Fobik inside the car, when you press the Start/Stop Button (SSB), the PEM send a command out of the LF antennas to find a kitted FOBIK inside the vehicle. If a Kittee FOBIK hears the PEM request, it transmits to the WIN and will allow the car to start. Simple as that.

If you wish to add this feature to your car, it is difficult beacause you need the right tools. Any Chrysler Service department can do this.

1st, you need the proper FOBIKS. The ones you want are Chrysler part# 05026457AF (Latest Revision). They are KG.
2nd, you need a PEM. Any PEM will work. 05026443AF (Latest REV)
3rd, Start Stop Button.

As far as hardware goes, that is all that is needed.

Once installed, the dealership can use the startscan tool to marry the new FOBIKS to the WIN and also transfer the info to the PEM. Then it will work fine.

Bear in mind that these instructions are only for the 8 cylinder engines. Remember that KG is not an option on the 6 cylinder engine. The WIN will send an AF command when the SSB is pressed, to the Engine computer to start it. Sending an AF command to the 3.5L will not start it. To put this system into the 3.5L, the WIN has to be modified (flashed) with a prototype software. This software was from Chrysler when they were considering this as an option of the 3.5L engine. -FIREBIRD2000

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
So it looks like a no go for the SE, based on the last paragraph.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I wanna do this with my r/t, but I don't have a dodge dealership near by anymore :/

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
I have a dealer here in DeRidder that I have been buy cars and trucks from for over 15 years. they treat me and my family right even though I may pay just a little more than if I were to go out of town to buy a car. I looked at their accessory catalog and saw the remote start kit , It is listed at $210, I can probably get it cheaper from their parts dept. since I working with the lady at the counter on getting my parts for about as long as I been buying cars. The service manager told me about $90 to put it in and get it logged in the computer. so I figure when the time comes, I may get this done, but right now other things have priorities.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I have a dealer here in DeRidder that I have been buy cars and trucks from for over 15 years. they treat me and my family right even though I may pay just a little more than if I were to go out of town to buy a car. I looked at their accessory catalog and saw the remote start kit , It is listed at $210, I can probably get it cheaper from their parts dept. since I working with the lady at the counter on getting my parts for about as long as I been buying cars. The service manager told me about $90 to put it in and get it logged in the computer. so I figure when the time comes, I may get this done, but right now other things have priorities.
D that's a good price for remote start but the keyless go will be a whole lot more cash and you would need a flash update that isn't really available.

Keyless go- might be "cool" but I think I would rather stick a "key" in the dash. At least this way I know my keys are with me.
Besides there's something exciting about turning over the key and hearing and feeling the engine roar to life. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
you got that right. have key will travel.:thumbupright:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
i added keylessGo to my SE/E challenger. unless you're a chrysler engineer, i don't see anyway you or the dealer can add this.
hey whats up S/S!! glad you could make it. I guess you knew what needed to be done to do this to your S/E. all I am looking to get done is the remote start. But that is on down the line aftermy latest additions that will happen next.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yeah, i added the remote start too. i did this all myself, but i know the dealers can add this to your car with the kit and a sales code for programming.

tony

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
i added keylessGo to my SE/E challenger. unless you're a chrysler engineer, i don't see anyway you or the dealer can add this.
You confused me with that.
You added keylessGo to your SE, but don't see a way for the dealer or the OP, unless he's a Chrysler Engineer? :think:
So does that mean you are a Chrysler Engineer?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Dave meet our SE brother, S/S he is one amazing modder, Chrysler couldn't afford his imagination and persistance in doing what can't be done! Looks like there's a differance between Keyless go, and remote start? Anyway glad to see u here S/S, was just askin David if u were here, great to know u are!

·
Registered
136 Posts
You confused me with that.
You added keylessGo to your SE, but don't see a way for the dealer or the OP, unless he's a Chrysler Engineer? :think:
So does that mean you are a Chrysler Engineer?
i can't say anything about your conclusion, but i can say this. the dealers don't have to tools, power, or authority to add this. it requires rewriting the vehicles configuration files.

also, adding this to a V6 is even more difficult because it uses prototype software to program the WIN module. these things maybe available in the future since chrysler was concidering.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Dave meet our SE brother, S/S he is one amazing modder, Chrysler couldn't afford his imagination and persistance in doing what can't be done! Looks like there's a differance between Keyless go, and remote start? Anyway glad to see u here S/S, was just askin David if u were here, great to know u are!
That's what I figured..... either he IS is Chrysler engineer... or could/should be.

And yes, keylessGo and remote start are different - KeylessGo is the push button start.

Welcome, S/S!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts