Latest MyGig software for RER | Challenger Life Forums

Latest MyGig software for RER

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Knowledge Base' started by Houdini, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Houdini

Houdini Platinum Level Supporter

Here's the latest update for the RER. Version 2.402

Raw files zipped
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pjdp18690z2fjgn

or

ISO File
    http://www.mediafire.com/?84a1dbj587p70gv

Supposed to work with iPhone 4 now.

I'll be loading this after work to try it out. I miss some of the new features since going back to an older version just so it works with the iPhone 4. :eyeroll:

With just a tiny bit of luck, it will still work when the iPhone software ver 4.3 is released in the very near future. :pray:

P.S. Don't forget about the "Unofficial" MyGig Support Site mofv.com/mygig

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. IntimidatorR/T

IntimidatorR/T Challenger Life Moderator Staff Member Ride of the Month

ok, so how is this installed? I could guess that it has been a while since mine has had an update.

3. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

Burn the file to a disc to install? Dave will probably give a step by step if succesful?

4. raydon254

raydon254 New Member

I am still VERY new to my car, I have a question. What do you mean work with your Iphone4? I have that phone too, Do I have something else to be looking forward to again when I get home? I feature I didn't know about? :)

5. Houdini

Houdini Platinum Level Supporter

It seems to work great. Haven't tried it with many calls yet, but did call from another cell phone, and it shows the name and number of the caller (from the contacts on my iPhone) and seems to actually work. It doesn't show the iPhone battery level and signal strength except while on the phone screen... I think the latest previous version showed it on all screens, but I could be wrong.

It also has the new Dodge logo on startup instead of the goat head... woohoo. Oh, and it also brought the POIs back. When I downgraded to a much older version so it would at least allow calls to work with the iPhone 4, and later went to pull up the Airport from the list of POIs, they were all gone. It listed all the POI categories (travel, shopping, etc) but no actual POIs.

First, is yours an RER (nav)? Because the REN (non-nav) uses different software.
    I prefer to use the ISO file when available (link is above) and IMGburn which is free http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Run Imageburn, point to the ISO file, and burn to a CD

Start the car, put the disc in, and follow the prompt (do you want to update from x.xxx to 2.402?). Once started don't do anything till it reboots (twice) and asks if you want to update from 2.402 to 2.402... then anwser No, and remove disc. Takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

The bluetooth calling was intermittent and horrible when it felt like working.
    Actually the iPhone 4 did work fine till the 4.2.1 iPhone software update.

Same thing happened awhile back when the iPhone 3G had an update... Apple changed something and we had to wait for Harman Becker to release a MyGig update to fix it.

If you haven't used the bluetooth calling, you don't know what you are missing. I just get in the car and go... if I get a call, I never have to reach for or even touch my cell phone. Same for making calls - just say "Call Bill at home" and it calls Bill's home number.

6. raydon254

raydon254 New Member

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get that goin:) Hummmmm....Thanks again.

7. IntimidatorR/T

8. RTSilverBeast

RTSilverBeast Active Member

Cool... Need to work through this one.

9. raydon254

raydon254 New Member

Well I have to say I love it. Mine worked great when I was home. (in the SRT). It did show signal strength, and battery life. Was simple to set up too. I think the kids loved it more, hahaha. As a hole, very fun vehicle. Thanks for all the info. This forum is awesome.

10. IntimidatorR/T

finally got my disc from them today and did the update.

Basically what it dioes is make your radio compatable to the Iphone4 and it also updates the start up screen from the ram head to the new dodge logo. but it does update the whole radio. took about 12-15 minutes to run the whole thing. just follow the instructions on the screen, BTW, the disc was free!:thumbupleft:

11. TexSE

TexSE Member

I Just finished requesting the RER radio update via the link you posted. Great info , Dave. And a great quick way of updating from David. Thank you both. Points for both of you.

12. Debwal

Debwal Member