Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well at least for a few hours anyway.

started around 2, and gradually got thicker as the day went.

2:00 PM

4:30pm

5:30pm

might be an idea for a new paint scheme ;)
6:00pm

this was the first time since the late 1800's that it has snowed this early in December.

The wife and I went to Walmart about 6:30 and by the time we got out of there it had just about stopped and you could see some of the snow starting to melt off of some cars at a carlot.

Tomorrow's forecast is sunny and high around 50.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Wow. We haven't had any stick here yet. Although the west side of the state got about 14" in some places yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave,
so just how MUCH snow do you generally get down your way in the winter?
we may get snow about every 5 years or so. just depends on el ninio effect.
but by record this is the earlist in December that we have gotton snow since the late 1800's. Usually it may snow during January and February. when it does.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
our local news said the US will be in the el nino effect for this year
and for our area to expect at least 45" over the winter.

looks like i will get to use the big snow blower i bought 5 years ago
and only used 1 time.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Snowed some here in Alex/Pineville. Was driving through must of it up until about 5:30. at 10 I came out to see this. No snow on the front end, engine was still warm hah

iPhones don't have flash so their a bit dark lol

And this picture is of something we wont be seeing often. hah

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
That's crazy.... snow, and then almost 70 4 days later :exclaim:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
We have a saying down here: If you don't like the weather in Louisiana, give it 5 minutes...it'll change. :eek:ldtimer:

Jack

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
What is this strange white stuff you show, bizarre Louisianna person??

(Actually - all I have to do is fly home to Edinburgh and I will remember REAL QUICK!!)

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is this strange white stuff you show, bizarre Louisianna person??

(Actually - all I have to do is fly home to Edinburgh and I will remember REAL QUICK!!)
My Dad was stationed At Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio back in the 60's. couple of years there were got some white stuff.

from this storm that just past, Houston got some snow too.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Okay, this thread has caused some nasty flashbacks to this past winter. Ick! However, there are some here who are undoubtedly sick and tired of their current hot temps. It is for them that I bump this thread. *snicker*

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can't decide if I want the 100 degree weather we have been having today or the the cold weather we had this last winter.

Font Screenshot Gadget Technology Communication Device

What do you think?

There was about 18" of snow on the ground too. It soon started going away after this and just 15 days later on Feb 25th, 2011 I bought my 2010 Challenger. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.