Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a wild hair and decided to stripe GHOST and Dragon's rims - used 1/4 vinyl striping tape and sealed ends with clear fingernail polish. The rims look GREAT on the street!!

and if you ding a stripe - 2.00 and 10 minutes replaces it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
got a wild hair and decided to stripe GHOST and Dragon's rims - used 1/4 vinyl striping tape and sealed ends with clear fingernail polish. The rims look GREAT on the street!!

and if you ding a stripe - 2.00 and 10 minutes replaces it :)
Looks good. Both good jobs in application. Red looks better IMO but both look good.
I might try this as well
Did you overlay ends at all or bring them flush?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
overlayed 1/4 inch and sealed with a dab of clear fingernail polish. We have only had them on since Friday but it is AMAZING to me how many non-car people have commented on it

·
Registered
110 Posts
On "Muscle Car" I watched them do this with a tool that applies that paint and has a guide to trace the lip of the rim. It's really a great idea. Nice job!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On "Muscle Car" I watched them do this with a tool that applies that paint and has a guide to trace the lip of the rim. It's really a great idea. Nice job!
I have the mechanical pin striper like they used - but kinda like the tape. I can change colors and/or refresh in 10 minutes

ps howya doin wicked???? :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the mechanical pin striper like they used - but kinda like the tape. I can change colors and/or refresh in 10 minutes

ps howya doin wicked???? :)
I'm great, man! Just waiting, waiting, waiting for my exhaust... I read about all your modding/tinkering to pass the time lol :waiting:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts