Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my new 2017 GT 2 days ago (The model made for WI winters; I call it the SnowCat hahaha). I've been smiling every second I've been behind the wheel of this amazing machine. I'm not a track racer, just want to own my interstate 43 commute all year round and had to have the AWD as it can snow 5 months out of the year. I also need to be able to make the drive to Green Bay to join my fellow cheese heads watching the Packers in Lambeau field all winter long! My first Challenger, but have been in love with the vehicle since seeing them when I was a kid back in the late 70's. Ownership was a long time coming but I'm glad it finally happened!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Will do... looking for an extra set of rims for snow tire mounting and seasonal switch out... they are hard to find... can anyone point me to a source? Window sticker says 19 inch 7.5 other than that I know nothing about rim sizing. I already found a set of winter tires they need to fit though Blizzak dm-v1 P23555r19 101r. Got then nearly new from a friend for $50 ea. Cant seem to find the solution....confused by all the rim measurements.

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
you can probably find some on facebook sales sites for mopars. i would stay the same size rim if the tires you are going to put on are the same size as the others. that way you wont have to go to dealer to get speedo reset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can probably find some on facebook sales sites for mopars. i would stay the same size rim if the tires you are going to put on are the same size as the others. that way you wont have to go to dealer to get speedo reset.
Thanks...Since my post I have called a salvage yard (my 19 inch rim isn't even in their national database which the employee was confused by as it is a year old but maybe no old enough for salvage) and I've checked 20 on line sites, most don't even list the GT version of the car in the fitting selection. I called one on the phone and he said there is no 19 rims on challengers. Well I have them so I know that's wrong. Lots of 18 and 20 but no 19. Even the dealer had to say he would need to investigate and get back to me because he doesn't have a solution off hand. Turning out to be quite a mystery...

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
you should have no problem going aftermarket if you stay with the same rim size. if it is just a winter tire thing then I would go with some ok looking rims that at least would do the job you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts