Mr Jim and the Challenger | Challenger Life Forums

Mr Jim and the Challenger

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions Forum' started by b5106, Nov 22, 2012.

1. b5106

b5106 New Member

Hello everyone. I have had my Challenger about 5 months and I still love this car. I work at NAPA and one of our customers Mr Jim came by the store the other day. Mr Jim has sold cars in our area longer than most of us reading this have been alive. His back was hurting real bad and he had his cane with him. He bought something small and wished all of us a Happy Thanksgiving. I picked up his package to carry it out for him and he said son I will get that. I said I will take it for you Mr Jim. As we got out to his car that was parked close to mine in the parking lot he said "Son who's car is that?" I said that is mine Mr Jim. He looked at it for a minute and said "son that thing is a beauty and if I had to go buy a new car right now, it would be one just like that". I really felt good that he said that. I've had a lot of cars the last 6 years and after I owned them for a few months I would wonder why I had bought it. I was just not happy with them. Then I saw this 2012 Black/Red stripe Ralleye Redline and had to have it. Each time I look at it or get into it, it kinda reminds of the days when I believe our country was a better place. Baseball, apple pie and Mopar. LOL. No offense chevrolet. The days when the new models were like a national secret and everyone couldn't wait to see them. Very few import cars and the Big 3 were going strong. 440's, Hemi's, 427's and 429's roamed the streets. We the People loved our country and really believed in it. I and a bunch of you were lucky to have lived during this period. I feel sorry for some of the younger people who will never experience this. I know a lot of you think about this when you get into that Challenger. Just a rant, but I love my car and this country and I hope we all will enjoy what we are lucky enought to have!! The next time you get in that Challenger just know that we have lived through one of the greatest times in our nation and crank up the Eagles or Doobies and enjoy the ride!!!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Debwal

Debwal Member

:thumbupright:Great story! Hope you and Mr. Jim have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday this year!

3. darkrt

darkrt Member

Nicely said! I lived that era too.

4. deranged

deranged Well-Known Member

Thank you for that post sir! I believe we still live in the greatest country on earth and even as screwed up as it may seem at times like this, I cannot name one place I'd rather live or car I would rather drive. I'm hoping someday we will get back to "that place" as a nation.

5. TexSE

TexSE Member

Well said. Thanks.

6. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

Cool story, thanks! It is a magic ride ONLY seems to bring smiles and tho many are now stressing over its demise due to CAFE, etc we olders went thru that before and I leave that to the kids to worry over now! For a car that was the only new model put forth in 1970, it has really come a circle or maybe 2! :D

7. deranged

deranged Well-Known Member

I've been around in it full circle 3 times! Just sayin'. :whistle:

8. GULLSHEMI

GULLSHEMI New Member

Yup, the old days were great to grow up in!!! Every time I get in the Challenger I think back to getting my license on mom's 1969 Dodge Super Bee. What a great car to learn to drive in!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013