Challenger Life Forums banner

Mygig Radio

10K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  ChallengerEd 
#1 ·
I have seen several of these touch screen radios on ebay and just wondered if they are a swap out as far as the unit goes. I am not worried about the nav stuff as I have a tom tom already, but having the touch screen and being able to load up songs and pics to it sound pretty great. any thoughts on this?

#2 ·
I put a REN (non-nav mygig) in the Avenger. It was a simple 5 minute job. I already had UConnect bluetooth from the factory, and it works beautifully with the REN. Although you don't need the UConnect bluetooth to install the REN.

Then I added the iPod integration cable. After that, I almost never use the HD on the mygig or the satellite radio.

Don't get exited over adding pics. You can add a whopping 8 pics.

#4 ·
That part is pretty cool... you put a cd in, and, although it takes a bit of time, it rips it and stores the songs on the HD. You never need that cd in the car again.
Say a friend has a new CD... just borrow it for a few minutes :D

The older ones (2008) have a 20 GB HD with about 15 GB to use. The 2009 and up have a 30 GB HD with, I think, 25 GB to use. That's about 1000 songs.
See more here http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/mygig/ that site is a little outdated.... they removed the "JukeBox" feature since it was confusing and useless :lol:

Yes it plays DVDs - in park, in only some states. I added the MyGiG Lockpick so passengers can watch while in drive. I also added their backup cam, and A/V input and output, so I can hook up the camcorder and playback on the mygig screen, and I could hook up a backseat monitor, but haven't and probably won't.

#5 ·
now thats what I'm talking about!!

I have found a couple on ebay, but they are $275 and up. now that you got me interested in this more, I will have to put this a little higher on the list..:rofl: The wife is going to kill me now.:rolleyes:

#8 · (Edited)
Yes it should work. Based on the part number it is for low speed CAN BUS vehicles. But despite the description, it won't have voice command unless your car already has Uconnect.

That's a good price if you can get it for that.

A couple good sites to learn about the mygig are wkjeeps.com and the unofficial mygig site

This guy sells far more mygigs. Priced a little higher, but he guarantees them for 45 days. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chry...deo?hash=item56353b6ff8&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245 That's who I bought mine from.

#9 ·
Yes it should work. Based on the part number it is for low speed CAN BUS vehicles. But despite the description, it won't have voice command unless your car already has Uconnect.

That's a good price if you can get it for that.

A couple good sites to learn about the mygig are wkjeeps.com and the unofficial mygig site
not too worried about voice command, I assume that is for the phone stuff anyway. dont do much talking on the phone when I drive. but the rest of it would be nice. going to keep my eyes open on this for a bit too see how they fair on ebay.

Muchos gracias for the help and info!!:thumbupleft:

#12 ·
lmao!!! well last night I was showing my wife the ebay add for that radio and all of a sudden she blurts out---- " I thought you wanted that predator thing!!??" so it looks like the radio is on hold for now....:eek:ldtimer:

#16 ·
Dave,
doesnt look like too bad of a deal there. im going to save the seller
and possibly buy myself a christmas present next month.

on another note does anyone know how hard it is to remove the surround
to get to the radio for replacement?
Remove the shift bezel, pull up/off top half of console, remove 4screws in back of console and two in front, remove console. Now u can remove two screws on bottom of radio bezel, and pull it off.

#18 ·
unfortunately for me i wont be buying my radio for my Xmas present
as i had planned.
found a leak in my sons room after all that heay rain last week and after having
numerous different contractors out it would seem that i NEED a new roof
installed.
the only fortunate part is it is a straight flat pitched roof, $2k :puke:and supposed to be done this saturday.
:;:)there goes my radio and the money i was saving for my tires and wheels:;:)

#19 ·
:;:)there goes my radio and the money i was saving for my tires and wheels:;:)[/QUOTE]

My refrigerator died over last weekend with OVER $200.00 in frozen food in it......I FEEL your PAIN

:(

#23 ·
Remove the shift bezel, pull up/off top half of console, remove 4screws in back of console and two in front, remove console. Now u can remove two screws on bottom of radio bezel, and pull it off.
Not sure what screws you are referring to. You just need to pull the bezel off - no need to remove shift bezel or top of console.
It's on there pretty good, but I just started at the bottom edge and pulled really hard, then worked up and both sides.

#26 ·
Okay guys I'm confused by all this stuff with these radios. Hopefully someone here can clarify something for me... Okay so in my car now I currently have a basic factory touchscreen radio with no Sirius, no Bluetooth and no GPS. I have a buddy that is giving me one that has all that in it. My question is.. What am I going to need to get to make my the Bluetooth for phone to work? Also is the GPS computer built into the stereo or is that something else I have to buy. Any help would be great. I just really don't wanna go to dodge and pay a fortune. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.