Challenger Life Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been using Meguiar's products since I'm a kid (I'm 60 now). Tried others, always return to Meguiar's.

I bought a new Meguiar's product last month by mistake. I thought it was a detailing spray but it turned out to be a liquid paste wax. It's called Meguiar's NXT Generation TECH WAX 2.0. As I don't use liguid waxes, I told my wife that the next time she goes to k-Mart, take it back and get a refund. However, it sat around the house for so long I finally realized that the wife wasn't going back to K-Mart any-time soon and to make a special trip (over 50 miles round trip) just wasn't worth the time or costs. Not wishing to waste a $20 investiment, last night I decided to try it out.

What a surprise. This stuff is great. My car has only been washed twice in the 8 moths I've had it and, since it is Hemi-Orange and I live in central California (it never rains in California) it hasn't gotten dirty, just dusty. It has been waxed once with a brand of car wax that is a hard wax, carnuba, product and it worked good, too. Or at least I thought it did until I got done with this waxing (I still have the driver's side to do).

I'm sold. It was easily applied and easy to wipe off. I used one micro-fiber cloth to remove the haze9shaken often), then a second micro-fiber towel to remove the smears, then a third clean micro-fiber towel to buff & polish. Man, it looks like glass.

Now I'll have to see how well it holds up. Has anyone else tried this Meguiar's product? For $20 bucks, i felt it had better be fantastic. I wasn't disappointed. Car show on Saturday morning, I'll let you know how it showed.
agentorange

Sorry, I didn't see the earlier thread dealing with this subject.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been using the Meguiar's Detailer a couple of times between washes. I honestly have to say the product is fast, easy to use and leaves an amazing shine. Not alot of work. Works well for quick spot cleaning behind quarter panels behind the tires. I give each a good spray before wiping it down with the a micro fiber towel. I even wipe down the windows as the last step with the moist towel. Never, ever thought of using the stuff until I got the kit for Father's Day.
The micro fiber towels are handy as well. Got a pack of 8 at Target. One came with the Meguiar's Clay Bar Kit that I talked about on a previous post. Who'd ever think that simple stuff I shook off as stupid before I got this car would be so effective.
I saw the Meguir's NXT Generation TECH WAX 2.0. and will pick up that next based on agentorange's post.

I like these nice surprises that this car has provided me and the people on this site who assist. THANKS!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I used the NXT 2.0 a couple weeks ago and was very happy with the results. Easy to use and a glass like finish. The Meguiars Quick Detailer is an awesome product as well for when you don't have time for a good wax rub down. Really deepens the shine and is great for removing bugs as well. The Meguiars Quick Wax on the other hand I do not like. Leaves alot of streaks. I have a black car so it shows everything.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Used the NXT 2.0 about 4 months ago. Water still beads nicely. And yes, very easy to apply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts