Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
looking to get this powder coated too if I can find someone around here to do it.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have loved to get my hands on one of those.:thumbupleft: but they are a little too $pricey$ for me right now.:swerve:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well since I cant find anyone that powder coats around where I live, I am thinking about getting some automotive spray touch up paint and doing it that way. plus put on a coat of clear too.:readthemanual:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
found me some metallic black duplicolor spray paint and painted the hurst shifter handle today. did some highlight on the letters with a silver paint pen.

will take some pictures tomorrow and post them.

G

·
well since I cant find anyone that powder coats around where I live, I am thinking about getting some automotive spray touch up paint and doing it that way. plus put on a coat of clear too.:readthemanual:
How about shipping it to a place that has a good reputation, possibly used by someone else? A good shop will not mind doing something like this for you. Maybe ship it to a shop in Baton Rouge?

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it done.

but will be posting a pic here shortly.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here you go.....

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Looks really good Dave ol' boy. Kudos

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave
that came out really good.:cool: did that mount right on without any problems?
I had to make a couple of adjustments with a drill,

1. drill the shifter shaft about 1" deeper in the Handle. so it would sit closer to the console plate.

2. I drilled a small set screw hole in the front of the bottom finger slot and tapped it. Now it is set firm using a set screw that you really cannot see unless you want to look for it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Since I am from Scotland and am a Porsche / Jag freak (add Challenger freak now) - I went a different way

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since I am from Scotland and am a Porsche / Jag freak (add Challenger freak now) - I went a different way
very nice touch, not too outlandish...:bigseeingdollars:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Looks good! Ran the same handle, then got the black Hurst handle for Macaro/Rustangs cut inch off shaft and died threads, but was between sizes, soo drilled thru adapters and locknut, and used a rolled pin to secure to shaft. Looks same but Hurst is etched after powdercoating, sorry no pics, need to get some. Also took 1/4" pinstrip tape, and went around the top, center of the chrome bezel, that thing can sure reflect the sun, straight into ur eyes, at the worst dang times!

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
here ya go Jason, powder coating by Jason Buda. :thumbupleft:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts