Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
met Jack this morning at 0800 hours and watched him go to work after I gave him the payment.. :drinkingbuddies:

firts thing he did was cut off the stock R/T muffler and just tacked on the magnaflows.(no tail pipes)

let the lift down and cranked it up to see what it sound like with just mufflers. Not tooooooo shabby I must say for a V6. :cool: then we put it back in the air and and tacked on the tail pipes with the stock resonators. let it back down and cranked it. well I never thought that the resonators muffkled the sound that much , but it sounded just like the stock system. well after hearing that we just cut them resonators off. :rockout:

and now it sounds pretty sweet. can really hear it under acceleration. cruising around and on the hiway, you really cant notice it. but stomp on the gas and you hear it just open up and sound off. Just what I wanted to hear. Jason came around to watch too. then we adjsuted his exhaust on his SRT just a tad..

here are some pics from this morning.

I will get a video tomorrow I hope and post so you guys can hear it.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
I am hoping this works, 1st time for me to try to post a video so cross your fingers.

again this was done using my blackberry phone. Plus I had to tell the wife when to rev it.. :D

it do feel a little more power under acceleration. will take video from in car for you guys to see in a few days.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Dave
i think i need to come down for next weeks show :rofl:

sounds great on the video and probably 100 times better in person.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shot video today at lunch time, this is from the inside the car.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kMSeNZIc6E[/M]

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Your car runs pretty hard eh? Love the sound, the best thing is, when your're not on it, it's tame.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
You know, Dave's engine really is a Six Pack if you really think about it....

:cool:

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the cover is ready too. mauhahahaha!!! :bigyes: :bigitsabeautifulthi :bigcamera:

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The wife and I were cruising through DeRidder the other night and I ran up on the guy who I talked to who had magnaflows on his v-6. At the time when I heard his I knew Magnaflow was the way I wanted to go this time instead of flowmasters.

well when I drove up beside him, he waved and I floored it for about 100 feet so he could hear mine. I then slowed down and he pulled up beside me and told me it sounded awsome. Only difference between his Charger and mine was that he also installed headers. It will be a time before I go that route. but on down the line I will install headers. Probably after the warranty runs out.. :cool:

I am going to take another inside video at the track this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.