Challenger Life Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I am at about $300 right now and I'm trying to choose my next mod. I believe I will go with the Predator and the follow up with an intake down the road. Would this be the best route to take? Also, you guys that have experience with the predator, what would you recommend on which tune to go with?

I have found a Predator at DCX Depot for $375, it includes the predator and 3 chances to send in a data log so they can set the tune better for the car. I would more than likely use 2 data logs for now, and after I get an intake, I will use the last one. Does this seem like a good deal, and idea? I plan on going down south somewhere later in the year to actually get a custom tune done on a dyno (anyone is welcome to join :rockout:)

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I loaded both tunes and drove around and decided I liked the 93. No 2 cars are going to be the same. Good thing you already have the exhaust. Do you have a K&N drop in filter yet? I think the Diablo is the best money I've spent so far.Oh, on a side note, when I took off the CAI, I still used the 93 CAI tune, I really can't tell a difference in performance with my SRT8 setup.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jack! Have you found any cons to the predator yet? And how do the 1-2 & 2-3 shift feel compared to stock?
Its gonna suck paying the extra 10 cents/gallon every time I fill up, but it'll be worth it! lol

And Dave, the reason the Predator is $375 is because you can data log then send it back and get a whole new tune for your specific car instead of just a canned tune. And do it over and over until you used your 3 turns. So seeing you spent $321, I assume I'm getting a good deal for 3 shots on getting a tune specifically for my car and for only $54.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
The only con I can think of is no override of the auto-upshift. Hoping they take care of that issue on future updates. You will love the Predator for the shift firmness alone, not to mention the other upgrades it gives you in addition to it being a scan tool!

Jack

·
Registered
332 Posts
Chris,

I think you are on the right track with the DCX depot tune, thats the one I would go with..

If you are in the market for a CAI, I will be getting rid of my K&N after the new year.......Im not sure if the SRT ones are the same as the RT kit ?....

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
It should fit Chris' car. The only thing of issue may be the location of a breather or vent tube.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! And Jason, if you don't have it sold by the time I get the money, I might just take you up on that offer :D

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I want you to get into the 12's and make some of those smug SRT guys on the other forum eat s&!t!!!:nutkick:

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too! It should happen if I lower the 60' below 1.85 I would guess!

There is one guy that is running 12.5s with a tune,intake,MBRP, headers, high flow cats and mid pipes, and of course with some drag radials! He doesn't have anything done to the rear end and doesn't even have a line lock for burnouts. He has been get 1.7x 60'!

There is also another R/T running a 12.73 with just a tune, cai, exhaust, and DR's. His 60' was 1.87. So he actually still has a bit left in it!

I can't wait to hit up the track! I believe I will be going back down to State Capitol Raceway January 10th

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Evadale is over an hour farther away than State Capitol is from Pineville. But it would be nice to get out to the track a day earlier! Ahhhh I wanna race soo bad! I just got done watching all of our videos, that I still havnt figured out how to put on the computer. If anyones computer will upload mini dvds and can burn them onto an actual dvd or just put them on youtube, I will give you the mini disc at the next meet up. If not, I'ma have to find some other way to do it.

BTW-Rewatching Jasons 13.0x run, you can tell that car still has a lot left in it. If he got some better launches with lower temps. That car would easily be mid 12s if he could achieve a 1.7x 60'! And he was finishing the 1/4 mile at 111! thats only 3mph under the supercharged SRT that was there... Jason, you have an amazing car, and with the supercharger...words won't even be able to describe!!

And same goes with you Jack, the videos I have of you, you can hear you spinning the wheels a good bit. Hope you get to try these DR's out when we go!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts