Challenger Life Forums banner

Ordered an inTune DCX

7K views 43 replies 7 participants last post by  sickr bee 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I just ordered the new inTune DCX for my '12 R/T. Should receive it in a couple of days. Once I reflash my car with the 93-octane tune, I'll post up some info and opinions. Stay tuned...

#27 ·
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Sounds like the guy doing the tuning had better know his stuff if the tune can be taken down to and with these very specific parameters in mind. Also sounds like your guy does know his stuff for sure! So, let's say I got about $400 in the tuner and I want my car completely dialed in on a dyno by someone who knows what he's doing. Have I just more than doubled my $400 initial investment? Just asking?

#28 ·
Every tuner charges differently, of course, depending upon what they want for dyno time, and the extent of changes they do with the tunes. Eric tuned my Mustang for the headers/cams for $400; that included an hour of dyno time to tweak the tune. When my blower was installed, the cost was $500 for the tune and dyno time; a supercharger needs a lot of tweaking due to the amount of boosted air entering the engine, getting the fuel right, etc. Go to brooksspeed dot com to check out Eric. Since your car is a '10, I think he can tune it now; I have to wait until he gets the software to tune the '11 and '12 cars. Don't worry about him being in the FL panhandle; he does remote tuning as well as dyno and email tunes. Tell him Sonny sent ya! You are welcome for the explanation, and thanks for the rep points!

#29 ·
X2 on da Thanks, you are a great asset to da LIFE! Been trying to keep up with the NEW way to "dial-in" an engine, since jets, timing and plug chops no longer work on this puter-fied (NOT fried, hee hee) engines. Tons of adjustments possible make the tuners job both harder and more time consuming/expensive but the results are much better also as you can dial them very tight BUT safe. Think of the "canned tunes" this way may make it easier to know WHEN you need to get a custom tune instead; let's say the stocks a/F is 11.5, a canned tune will lean it to about 12.5 but that's with stock exhaust manifold. Most shorties, JBA or SRT will increase it to 12.5 on a stock tune, so you add the canned tune and you get very close to 13. The number you don't want to exceed, so if the tune is not adjusted for this you MAY be running lean, and my experience with having to readjust carburetors on Harley's JUST because they are set lean from factory but NOW with 10% alcohol fuel they are running TOO lean, one step richer on jetting fixes the POP that they never had just a few years back cause of fuel.

#31 ·
Yo shiftintohigh, I just tweaked the throttle setting with a 5% increase. I'll see how that does on the way to work tonight and will post up my observations. Didn't go too far on the first tweak; wanted to see how it reacts first.

#34 ·
I was wondering how you came up with your user name; now I know. The 70's!!! Right there with you, bro. Anyway, the car responds better now. Not as much throttle lag, and she backs down quicker as well. Not by a great margin, but enough to be noticeable. I'll tweak her up another 5% tomorrow; it's getting to be time to get ready for work now. Please be patient with me, because of the hours that I work. I won't let my fellow (old) gearheads down...:eek:ldtimer:

#35 ·
:rockout:YAY! Good outcome! Great to hear!!
Speaking of 70's I was listning to Steve Miller "Fly Like an Eagle" this morning...lol
One of my favorite "8 Tracks". Remenber them... WOW, I love my stero now!

#36 ·
Had that nickname since JR. High=70's. Rhymes with my last name kinda. DeJaynes. You gonna go 5% until you are happy with the results? This topic has my full attention which can be hard at times as I'm usually on here after I finish the graveyard shift making toothpicks out of logs. Know all about the odd hours, bro.

Deb, I always had to jack up the right side of my 8 track tapes with a matchbook to keep 'em from warbling!

#37 ·
Haven't heard that in awhile, Deb. Those were the good old days...BTO, Boston, Bad Company, etc. None of that disco ____ for me!!! I remember buying cheap 8-track players at Dart Drug in VA, the ones you mounted under the dash, and a set of $10 speakers to mount in the back window ledge, and thinking I had just the greatest sound system in the world!

Deranged, that's my plan. Will bump it another 5% tonight and see how that works out. Be careful of what you read; ya may just be sucked into buying ya a tuner!! Matchbooks...yep! As well as other things...

#38 ·
Hey folks, I haven't bumped up throttle sensitivty yet. I've worked the last 5 nights in a row, and I'm wore out. I'm off for a week now, and will make some adjustments to report back on. Sorry for keeping you waiting :(

#40 ·
I am now! I got called in to work a 6th night in a row! Have to make a short road trip today, and I'll report back on the results when I get home this afternoon. As for your comment...I resemble that :eek:ldtimer: Just be glad that you didn't add "ER" to GEEZ!!!:D

#41 ·
Dialed in another 5% boost to throttle sensitivity (10% total) and I think that I'll keep it there for awhile. There is a marked difference in throttle response, enough so that I have to "relearn" my foot to pedal coordination with this car again. It's not THAT much of a difference, but it has changed enough that I have to be cognizant of what I'm doing with the pedals. If I goose her, she goes; no hesitation. She also backs down almost instantly, and purrs like a (mean) kitten when she does. I'm happy with the tune and the throttle adjustments. Once Eric gets his hands on the software to enable a custom tune for my car, I will do that. BTW, I mentioned to him that some of you all might be interested in a custom tune since most of you have the '09 and '10 cars. He's standing by to hear from you if you are interested. You won't be disappointed! brooksspeed dot com.

#42 ·
OldManHemi here is trying oh so hard to get me to ask Mrs. deranged to turn loose of $400!

Time line as I see it
:kisscheek: :hand: :eyeroll: :think: :kisslips: :hand: :shrug: :tappingfoot: :adore: :slap::nutkick::crying::argument: :cussing: :cussingargument: :crying: :waiting: :pray: :layrubber: :flag: :bigslywink:

#43 ·
Of course I am! But not just you. I am just trying to turn all of you gearheads on to a great tuner who takes pride in his work and who treats your ride like it's his own. That timeline is not too bad; what, that's about an hour, right?

#44 ·
LOL, blame this thread..... don't let on that this is the minimum you can do on a 2011 up car, you can do all that now and more on our cars with the Predator. But if you ever plan on going to Long Tubes say (ME), you will have to tune for them so now or later, tubes on or waiting, just saying.... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.