Challenger Life Forums banner

Other Forums

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  JaxHemi 
#1 · (Edited)
I can't help but notice that there's some "cross pollination" going on at other forums. I read the other forum that I initially began about once a week, and no longer post there. I bailed on it based on what I wrote in another thread on this forum.

Why the cross postings, am I missing something?

#2 ·
I post my detailed postings here and only result pics on CTalk - I prefer the clubhouse but sometimes - if you need a detailed answer - it is more productive to ask 14000,00 people at once. My issues revolve around the fact that CTalk has so MANY ads the site CREEPS unless you go to pay category - and since it is the MEMBERS who provide the content - I don't feel I should pay a premium to access. I DO have a pay membership here , but that is about SUPPORT for what we are doing here - rather than a necessity for access

#3 ·
I post my detailed postings here and only result pics on CTalk - I prefer the clubhouse but sometimes - if you need a detailed answer - it is more productive to ask 14000,00 people at once. My issues revolve around the fact that CTalk has so MANY ads the site CREEPS unless you go to pay category - and since it is the MEMBERS who provide the content - I don't feel I should pay a premium to access. I DO have a pay membership here , but that is about SUPPORT for what we are doing here - rather than a necessity for access
much appreciated there Ghost. :rockout:

G
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The "other" forums are bigger although not necessarily better. I read this one and the other two, one of the other two I haven't posted on in 6 months.

I generally read those others but don't usually post. I'm tired of every single post turning into a "you're stupid" thread.

This may be a smaller forum but its my choice hands down. The climate here is better, the people are friendlier and there are is certainly less pollution (ads).

I am getting alarmed at the number of Texans joining though :D

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I agree 100%.
If this question was posed on the bigger forum, I'm quite certain there would have been a couple nasty posts.

I'm quite happy here and only post to the .life.

The "other" forums are bigger although not necessarily better. I read this one and the other two, one of the other two I haven't posted on in 6 months.

I generally read those others but don't usually post. I'm tired of every single post turning into a "you're stupid" thread.

This may be a smaller forum but its my choice hands down. The climate here is better, the people are friendlier and there are is certainly less pollution (ads).

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I agree 100%.
If this question was posed on the bigger forum, I'm quite certain there would have been a couple nasty posts.

I'm quite happy here and only post to the .life.
not only nasty posts, but you probably would have been banned and your post deleted.

One thing that I like about being here is that this forum is not a club. and ones who have clubs can post their activities weather you have to pay to get in them or not. One of those forum(?) in particular is a club so you cant post your local club stuff on their site.

One of THOSE forums deleted my post of the Mopar Magic show in shreveport because the Club/organization that was holding it collects dues from its members, so it didnt profit the forum Police.

A BIG THANKS :bravo: goes out to Dave for letting us have our freedom to enjoy this forum and exhange our ideas to benefit all.

#7 ·
Reason; every new member we get to the T.O.C., we send the member list AND tell of/invite to the "host/home site", here! Also, we have learned how to get thru the PM link filters, just PM someone and tell them," add life to our cars name, then the ole dot com, great new place/people", works quite well! If we got rep for referrals here, GHOST would have nothing but pentastars, he does pimp them bananas round!:rockout:

#10 ·
anyone up for a little experiment?

not only nasty posts, but you probably would have been banned and your post deleted.

One thing that I like about being here is that this forum is not a club. and ones who have clubs can post their activities weather you have to pay to get in them or not. One of those forum(?) in particular is a club so you cant post your local club stuff on their site.

One of THOSE forums deleted my post of the Mopar Magic show in shreveport because the Club/organization that was holding it collects dues from its members, so it didnt profit the forum Police.

A BIG THANKS :bravo: goes out to Dave for letting us have our freedom to enjoy this forum and exhange our ideas to benefit all.

#14 ·
I post my detailed postings here and only result pics on CTalk - I prefer the clubhouse but sometimes - if you need a detailed answer - it is more productive to ask 14000,00 people at once.
Yes and no. It could be more productive to ask a larger audience.... but there is also a chance of your question getting lost among all the new posts, and not being answered at all.

I just did a little research, and have found a few members here that have asked questions on c talk and received not one reply.

#15 ·
Well, speaking as a loner who never joins clubs, I never have held any loyalty to any group. As an old guy kinda new to all this Internet board posting stuff, I've noticed that a lot of stuff is jr high level stuff, the flaming/stupid/liar/I'm right not u. I kinda know after little over year of this, what to expect when posting/responding to questions anymore, nature of the beast, guess. But questions like this, seem kinda "loaded" to me, so guess my answer is, some want to reach/answer questions to as many as possible, regardless of the board, so my question is; what's wrong with that? Vainglorious maybe, but thats still just an opinion.;)

#17 ·
Well, I've had my share of running afoul of admins on the Z, talk, and Southern Mopars, the latter being the most ridiculous. I wanted to start a Central Louisiana chapter, but was told it would be a conflict of interest being I was already president of Cenla Challenger Club. Bear in mind, the admin there is also sitting pretty high on the Z, so there's a certain level of hypocracy there. Here we have like-minded folks who just want to chill and enjoy the Challenger experience.

Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.