Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of painting the LINER of my Hood for that extra bang for the buck when hood opened.

I have an opaque projector - planning on shooting the liner with liquid frisket - projecting the round part of the POW-MIA logo on the liner - tracing - then cutting out the frisket with an exacto - then shooting with ENGINE white paint to avoid heat issues

anybody done anything similar?

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I am thinking of painting the LINER of my Hood for that extra bang for the buck when hood opened.

I have an opaque projector - planning on shooting the liner with liquid frisket - projecting the round part of the POW-MIA logo on the liner - tracing - then cutting out the frisket with an exacto - then shooting with ENGINE white paint to avoid heat issues

anybody done anything similar?
have not heard of that being done anywhere, sounds like it would look
really cool once complete and so long as its high heat paint i dont see why it wouldnt hold up.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know - YOUR avatar would be hyper easy to do as well - you would not even need the projector - just go get some light adhesive white kitchen shelf liner - draw out design - put on liner - cut out sections - spray one color - tapoe over - spray next color

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Saw a kid on another board, artist with airbrush, doin some sweet artwork on the hoodliners, he said that he was using cloth paint?

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
saw that too, guy has talent. I have done a lot of drawing, mostly Prisma color- color pencils. never really got into air brushing, maybe because it does get costly.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes we were talking about this earlier since know the engine compartment is going to be an Iron Man tribute I think a picture of him in flight or even just iron man letters would be sweet. I know the first meet I went to there was a guy with a silver surfer on his hood liner but I havent seen him since!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's a picture of one done up. I've seen this car in person a few times. I really like the work he had done. I don't think he'd mind me posting a picture of it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts