Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this mod so long ago I forget, but get a lot of interest from other owners in real world, so thought I should post a thread on it. This mod uses Harley parts, but guess other brands may work. So the problem was I hated the center caps on my Heritage wheels, the solution was to use Harley gascap medallions to cover them, just the perfect shape and size! Many different styles to choose from, run from $11-$20 ea. Once you've decided style/purchased remove your center caps, and rough up the ramhead with emory cloth, then clean with alcohol. Next remove the 3m tape on the back of the medallion, and clean the back with alcohol. Now I'm gonna teach y'all an old biker trick to affixing things more permanantly than 3m tape ever could- clear silicon/rgv! If u ever had to clean a gasket surface of this stuff, it is such a PITA, you know ain't nothing coming loose from it's grip! So I put a good dob under the rams horns, them two more either side of it's nose, press the capcover down, centered, taped and left to dry on bench at least 24 hours.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks brother, know what u mean, but HAD to cover them goatheads! As far as the section, EVERYTHING I do is DIY, so think I'll keep threads to sections they pertain to.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
They DO look nice in person as well :rockout:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Thanks brother, know what u mean, but HAD to cover them goatheads! As far as the section, EVERYTHING I do is DIY, so think I'll keep threads to sections they pertain to.
Yeah thats why I asked for my first post to be deleted. It's just fine here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cool cheap DIY mod. Harley has enough accessories that you might be able to find other items with the same theme to put on other places on your car.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Jerri just bought new wheels/tires for Cleo the Miata, wanted me to do the centers like mine. They're not big enough for gascap covers, but bout right for caliper inserts to fit. Problem is they don't have the skull collection in them, so still looking. Harley came out with a new series last year, that is the older #1 with skull eyes on the #1! If I was just doing this now, think they would be sweet also, but at $20 ea, they aren't cheep! I also used them to cover the nosebadge's ramhead, till BT started making theirs. Customizing, to me, has always ment using something for a new/never intended purpose, like bee stripes on a Challenger!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts