Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got on the motor vehicle site for Louisiana and went to the special plates link.. hehehe, NTMID8R is available. :bigyes:

may have to make that special order. :bigsuspicious:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I was thinking of getting an Illinois Afghanistan Veteran Plate but I would be limited to four characters with no spaces.

Hard to come up with something good with that limitation

G

·
Oklahoma won't let you check to see if one is in use. Instead you have to apply and list six choices. This was my first choice:

The others were some variation of RT 6Speed.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Texas has some SWEET new plates, but WAY too much $, would love to get the white on black shield with; SICR B, donations? Hahaha!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Texas has some SWEET new plates, but WAY too much $, would love to get the white on black shield with; SICR B, donations? Hahaha!
I really miss the white on black Michigan had years ago. It would look much better on my car than the white on blue we have now.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put in request for "NTMID8R"
should be getting a email shortly on what it is going to cost me. I still have a year left on my present personal plate.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I currently have a McNeese State University plate. it is renewable every 2 years. cost about $85 for the 2 years, the new personalized plate will cost the same. they prorate it if you are going to another plate.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after getting a confirmation email for the DMV. I sent in the required papers and fee for my personalized plate. Being a Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan this plate will go on any vehicle but it sure does match the one I have now.

of course this is a photoshop version of what the plate should look like when I get it in about 12-16 weeks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't know why these states don't have a database set up so you can check the availability of your plate. At least MO lets you send them an email to see if a certain plate is available, but a database would be quicker and save their time. A lot of the ones I wanted were taken, so I ended up with this:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I don't know why these states don't have a database set up so you can check the availability of your plate.
Michigan does. It's no guarantee that it will still be available by the the time you get to the Secretary of State though.

http://services.sos.state.mi.us/plates/

It even shows you what it will look like...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
For such a "backwards" state, Louisiana's DMV has it going on. I originally wanted "VOODOO" for my car but it was taken. The availability shows up in a few seconds on their website. Dave, I think my plates were around 87 bux. The state holds the plate for you for a certain amount of time, then it goes back in the pool.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the only pain is having to wait. :bigthinking::bigreading::bigsleeping:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
It will be here before you know it :thumbupleft:
El Conquistador

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I vote for RTHEMI

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Got my HESSER plate several years ago and dont even blink at the additional $40 p/yr in the registration renewal. Heck thats 2 beers and a bag of peanuts at a TEXAN game. I have moved it from 4 vehicles since I got it and just need to keep paying the 40 p/yr to keep it. Just got the new Texas plate for Sylvia, hate it. Seven numbers and letters on crowded background. Will be looking for vanity plate for her soon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts