Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I know Royal Purple make rear end gear oil. Even for an SE would it be a good idea to replace the stock stuff with RP? And what would it take to replace it? I havent tore down a rear in in so long, plus that wasn't my expertise when I was a mechanic back in the day.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
RP can't hurt that's for sure. If your differential is like mine, there are 2 plugs, the lower one is the drain, the upper (yep you guessed it) is the fill. You should have a printout of the capacities. What I'm not sure of is whether or not the factory fill is synth or dino. Maybe it varies from SE to R/T to SRT.

Jack

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
dave
cant hurt, just make sure it wont void the warranty from mother.

i used it in my last truck, ford sport trac with 4:10 posi rear and i picked up
just under .5 to the gallon after the switch.

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, will check with my service rep about this. :thumbupleft:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another thing to ask about this.... how much does the S/E rear end hold? , there is no listing about this either other than what weight to use which is 70-145

the royal Purple part number is #01301

and for me it would be a special order because we only handle the 70-90w weight rear end fluid.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I used it in my Rumble Bee, but had to add the Mopar limited slip additive, don't know if our SEs need it. Like the 75/150 soo much, I use it in my 2000 Harley tranny now too! Been running RP 10/30 in the Challenger since 500 miles also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts