1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i received 2 recall notices from my dealer this past
tuesday and wednesday

first one is for a misaligned trunk lid-- whihc i knew about

second was for chips in the door window glass. had not heard of this one.

anyone else get these recently?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Both of these are listed as RRT's. My VIN was listed under both. The windows were checked for chips along the sealing edge.
My trunk is slightly mis-aligned on the right lower corner. I talked to the tech and told him if it can't be fixed without changing or moving the hinges don't bother. He changed the level of the stop pad and it helped for the back of the lid, but raised it up and then the edge was above the quarter panel. I was more concerned with the finish of the lid so I told him to put it back where it was. Mine isn't really noticeable unless you know what you are looking for so I'm going to live with it. Unless someone can give me some better info to take to the dealer on how to fix it.:(:shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Glad to see they are finally fixing the deck lid. I've noticed that even on official photographs on Dodge promotional items. I mentioned it a couple times in the CAB (Customer Advisory Board) forums. Looks like someone finally listened. :clap:

·
Super Moderator
5,442 Posts
I bought mine used back in March,. it was a Sept. build car in 08. Would it be possible for my car to have these problems. I really havent noticed the window chips. Where would I expect those to be? As far as Trunk alignment. it looks good to me.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine used back in March,. it was a Sept. build car in 08. Would it be possible for my car to have these problems. I really havent noticed the window chips. Where would I expect those to be? As far as Trunk alignment. it looks good to me.
Dave
even though you are the second owner the recall notices should catch up with you, but if call your dealer they can run the vin for you.
there is also a place on dodge.com to check for recalls but i cant seem to find the darn link.

·
Super Moderator
5,442 Posts
after going to this site and putting in my VIN, it said that no reports were on my car. I guess I am a lucky one then.

VIN Number:
9H526917
Vehicle Description:
DODGE CHALLENGER SE TWO-DOOR HARDTOP Model Year:
No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist

NOTE:
Results returned represent unperformed or incomplete Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Notifications initiated by Chrysler Motors Company LLC at the time of your inquiry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts