Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Great and Wonderous Admin from who all Blessings Flow,

(was THAT a SUCKUP or WHAT???? :neener:)

lets try it again,

Dear Dave,

is there any way to add a Regional Section to the Forum? South / Southwest / etc etc?? We are developing regions WITHIN Texas for posting runs and some of us Texans would like to be able to post region run info within a TEXAS region forum segment

You could always just add the State sections on "REQUEST" to avoid the rush

GHOSTDANCE

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thought we have a couple already. But more, closer to home couldnt hurt. Thats my thought. Texas is a huge as* state

Dam now my brain hurts.:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
As long as we can get a consensus on how to divide the regions. And we have a more specific name... like Northwest Events and Info - just as an example.

I'd hate for everyone from the Northwest put all their posts in the Northwest forum just because they are located there.

And yes, that was a major suckup.
:givemebeer:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
I can understand abou the big state stuff. :think: But we need to divide it up like they do sports probably. :think: :think: or something like that.

or maybe like Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, Southeast, Northeast
6 regions

then we could list the states that would be included in each section. I guess I can do that this weekend and figure :whistle::whistle::whistle: up some kind of set up for us all and let Dave know what to do in the forum. :pray:

·
Registered
135 Posts
That sounds like a good game plan:)

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I can understand abou the big state stuff. :think: But we need to divide it up like they do sports probably. :think: :think: or something like that.

or maybe like Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, Southeast, Northeast
6 regions

then we could list the states that would be included in each section. I guess I can do that this weekend and figure :whistle::whistle::whistle: up some kind of set up for us all and let Dave know what to do in the forum. :pray:
i still think we should do it along the lines of the NFL except for the confusion it would cause Dallas fans,:tease:J/K Dave

in all seriousness though, i think we should go along how other forums have it, start with the standard, northeast,southeast,northwest, southwest, texas and great lakes since we have members in most of those areas and then add other regions as membership increase in areas that arent listed.
it would make it easier for posting events such as shows cruises and charity runs so people know what area to hunt in.

any other thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
how about this one. thanks for that find I might add.

WEST
SOUTH CENTRAL
NORTH CENTRAL
NORTHEAST
SOUTHEAST

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I like that one if we split the blue - putting Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio in Midwest. As a Michigander, I don't feel very North Central :lol:

I'm starting to think we need one divided with roughly equal population amounts in each region, since the ratio of people to Challengers would be roughly the same. :think:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Devils advocate here, how bout one section for shows/meets/cruises and just subject thread with city/state/date as most regions are too big anyway. Almost everyone I've met in the real world was off a site that has mid-south region that is OK/TX only, all the others group us with CA/NM/AZ too many events to wade thru! And nothin personal my brother Ghostdance, but I'd need to dig out my decoder ring for those regions with the triangles! All just my .02 with no COLA this year, Mark

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Devils advocate here, how bout one section for shows/meets/cruises and just subject thread with city/state/date as most regions are too big anyway. Almost everyone I've met in the real world was off a site that has mid-south region that is OK/TX only, all the others group us with CA/NM/AZ too many events to wade thru! And nothin personal my brother Ghostdance, but I'd need to dig out my decoder ring for those regions with the triangles! All just my .02 with no COLA this year, Mark
Now we're thinkin' outside the box :cool:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
. I guess I can do that this weekend and figure :whistle::whistle::whistle: up some kind of set up for us all and let Dave know what to do in the forum. :pray:
Aaah - you just that SPECIAL kind of sweety-poo!!!! Would really appreciate it :clap:

Most of the Texas Challengers are associated with LX clubs and we get kind of a weird "stepchild" VIBE at the events - we want to set up seperate CHallenger RUNS (not CLUBS)for our two doors

The reason for regions in Texas is that a guy in Brownsville would have to drive 10 HOURS PLUS to do a meet in Amarillo - guys up North could drive through 4-5 STATES quicker than that

I SET UP THE REGIONS SO THEY ARE ABOUT A THREE HOUR DRIVE TO THE ADJACENT REGION

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
i like this idea also, maybe with a drop down for the regions we want
and a warning that if location and type of event isnt listed in subject it will be removed

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we don't need regions sections - we need a TEXAS section that we can put our own regional posts IN :thumbupleft:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FYI - here is an example of why Texas needs regions

there is a run in Amarillo I would like to go to - just ran the numbers from San Antonio to Amarillo is 511 miles

From Baton Rouge all the way to San Antonio is 466 miles

It would literally be easier by about an HOUR driving ONE WAY to attend a CENLA event in Baton Rouge than an event in Amarillo in my own state

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I think we need to come up with another way to organize posts. To use regions, it seems as if we would need to divide the US (and Canada?) into 100 or 200 mile pieces. That's not efficient.

Also, for anyone living near the border of a state or region, may actually be closer to an event in another state or region. I could drive for an hour and be in Ohio, or drive 4 hours and still be in Michigan. The same would/could be true if there are regions.

I know there is a better way, we just have to come up with it. I'm thinking a calendar and maps mashup. As in "show me events within XX days within XX miles of me."

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
I think we need to come up with another way to organize posts. To use regions, it seems as if we would need to divide the US (and Canada?) into 100 or 200 mile pieces. That's not efficient.

Also, for anyone living near the border of a state or region, may actually be closer to an event in another state or region. I could drive for an hour and be in Ohio, or drive 4 hours and still be in Michigan. The same would/could be true if there are regions.

I know there is a better way, we just have to come up with it. I'm thinking a calendar and maps mashup. As in "show me events within XX days within XX miles of me."
that is the same way here too, I could drive to the west of me and be in texas in 20 minutes and drive for 4 hours down to New Orleans the other way. I was just thinking this as far as any show would be conerned though, Not just to divide everyone up.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GUYS GUYS GUYS - you are missing the point - there would only be a "TEXAS" section on the actual forum - WE would post threads WITHIN that section - "Region One Thread" "Region Two Thread" - each STATE could divide and post their OWN regions. Dave could draw a 200 mile circle around Rosepine and name that "Region ONE" etc etc

Dancing for cowl induction on 6 cylinder NOVAS (no names - DAVE) :rock:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
GUYS GUYS GUYS - you are missing the point - there would only be a "TEXAS" section on the actual forum - WE would post threads WITHIN that section - "Region One Thread" "Region Two Thread" - each STATE could divide and post their OWN regions. Dave could draw a 200 mile circle around Rosepine and name that "Region ONE" etc etc

Dancing for cowl induction on 6 cylinder NOVAS (no names - DAVE) :rock:
shaker baby, shaker..:eek:ldtimer:

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
how about this one. thanks for that find I might add.

WEST
SOUTH CENTRAL
NORTH CENTRAL
NORTHEAST
SOUTHEAST

I second the motion that we could use regional forums, and really like this division. Although one thing I can say from experience is that the people in AZ, UT, and ID don't like being grouped in with CA. So put them into the North Central (Idaho) and South Central (AZ and UT) and we're good to go.

I'll even volunteer to moderate 1 or 2 regions if it's needed. South Central preferred, followed by North Central.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts