Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone notice that their 16 SXT Plus is noisey???Brand new SXT Plus..I took a trip from Myrtle Beach to Florida...The road noise was louder than my old Grand Marquis...Is it just my car or are they all noisey???
Seems like Dodge could have used more sound deadener...
Also,Does anyone else feel every bump in the road???I do..Is the suspension adjustable???It needs to be a bit softer ride..Let me know about your 16 SXT Pluses....Thanks...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm fine with mine (2013)... I guess have you checked the tire pressure... That's about all I can think of.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
hard to say now, air pressure, .....also, what do the roads look like? i know here in Louisiana the roads are crappy as hell. I have a 2009 Challenger Rt but have the SRT suspension on it, yes, it is rougher but I do like the handling for the twisties.
I know my wife had a 2011 Challenger SE rally, had the RT suspension and all, and it rode pretty good. didn't have one complaint on how it handles and felt.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm fine with mine (2013)... I guess have you checked the tire pressure... That's about all I can think of.
Yea... I forgot about the roads... Boy I love driving on fresh black top paved roads...

Reactions: IntimidatorR/T

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car handles great...My previous car was a 03 Mercury Marauder...It was much quieter as far as road noise..The suspension was air ride so it had a softer ride...Just wondering if anyone else finds the new 16 challenger a bit noisey on rough road...Smooth blacktop and ofcourse,less noise and fewer bumps...What tire pressure do you guys use??I haven't touched mine..Came with like 38 lbs. all around...

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
38 is too much, I have Firestone tires on mine and I run 33 lbs all the way around. only vehicle I have that much air pressure in is my 2015 ram. and it calls for 39 lbs of air by the sticker on the door.

what brand of tires are they putting on those things now a days? i know they started out in 09 using Continental and Goodyear, then they switched to Firestone as my wife's 2011 SE Rally had those from the factory.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I run approx 34 - 35 but I've got over size tires on my 20' rims... Forget what size they are though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
38 is too much, I have Firestone tires on mine and I run 33 lbs all the way around. only vehicle I have that much air pressure in is my 2015 ram. and it calls for 39 lbs of air by the sticker on the door.

what brand of tires are they putting on those things now a days? i know they started out in 09 using Continental and Goodyear, then they switched to Firestone as my wife's 2011 SE Rally had those from the factory.
My SP has P245/45ZR20 Goodyear RS-A2 tires. They do good, and the car handles a little better with the front and rear braces, but the rear of the car will get loose on these Goodyears. I run 32 per the door label.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.