Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ghost.
I'm thinking of going with a Cherry Bombs muffler and resonator.
The SE muffler is an offset/offset inlet/outlet correct?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
yes on offset
would NOT recommend cherry bomb as main muffler - you will get a deeper tone from the Jones Exhaust Full Boar muffler at about same price

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curios as to why you prefer one over the other?
Personal preferance, performance, quality etc?
Stacey David on Gearz T.V. plugs Cherry Bombs but maybe they are just advertisers and he needs to, dunno.
I admit I like their motto "distubing the peace" LOL
I admit I don't know much about performance mufflers.
I want a nice mellow rumble (NO rice burner sound) know what I mean?

Never had ANY muffler work done so what is a reasonable cost to expect a muffler shop to charge for a simple swap?

Thanks amigo...I'm dying for some Taco Cabana

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
because the bigger inner chamber of the muffler creates a deeper bass rumble due to echo effect within the muffler body- cherry bombs are basically straight thrus so you do not get the deeper tone

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
If your going to replace the muffler only, on the SE exhaust it is 2.5". Midpipes are 2.25 that Y into 2.5". On Cherry Bomb, I HAVE run the Extreem, baffled 2.5" single in to dual 2.25" out, loved the sound( Jerri still prefers it), but it a droner! So if u don't know much bout different muffler types, here's a quicky; baffled only mufflers , like Cherry bomb Extreem, Flowmasters, are loud cause the are baffled hollow chambers, think churchbells, that resonates-DRONE. Glasspacks are more like a tube, with small baffles on the inner surface, wrapped in fiberglass, then encased in a shell, as in Magnaflow, Corsa, and Cherry bombs other model than the one I had, so less drone. It all comes down to how loud u want it to sound inside the cabin.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK so the muffler I need to look for (regardless of brand) is a 2.25" or 2.5" in/out?
Ghost? If I understand your system you went with the jones muffler with stock resonater delete and no new resonator.
Your exhuast goes from the muffler to the tips. Correct?

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
I have flowmasters on my trucks and they sound good on v8 trucks, but on my Challenger I have maganflow and for the first time in using them I am pretty satisfied with the sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts