SE exhaust | Challenger Life Forums

SE exhaust

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Hesser, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Hesser

Hesser Well-Known Member

Has anyone posted audio of difference in stock SE exhaust and SE with resonator removed?
    Does anyone know if Texas DOT has a problem with removing it? Most of all what are your opinions of removing it and why. :feedback:

2. sickr bee

sickr bee Well-Known Member

Dont know of any videos posted on reso-delete! Never heard of DPS even looking to see if it has resos, but the muffler SHOULD keep u legal, and never saw a state inspector look either, it's all about the puter numbers to them nowadays. I've dropped resos almost/if not first mod on, 04 Hemi,09 SE, now the 10 R/T, makes a BIG differance! The advantage of the SE, is it doesn't have the new Hemis crack to the exhaust, sounds GOOD! Stock exhaust is quiet.........

3. Hesser

Hesser Well-Known Member

$45 bucks and 1 hour time, sweet and easy. Found a good place and a possible lift for the future mods.

4. RTSilverBeast

RTSilverBeast Active Member

Hey Hesser... what did you have done for $45 bucks??? I got a buddy that just got an SE and wants to up the sound... I think he may be coming next Sunday with his Titanium SE, so it would be a good chance for him to hear yours live and decide which way he wants to go. Do you have an audio clip of the orignal vs the new???

Chuck

5. Hesser

Hesser Well-Known Member

Went to the local Muffler Mart and had them cut the pipe, remove res and weld in a new pipe. 1 bend and then a slight down turn to the angled cut for the end. Looking for a tip now. No audio, after reading what others go through to get the right sound, I have learned the sound is to the ear, no recording will work. It now can be heard, not ever going to be loud but the SE stock is silent.

6. dwb09ChallengerM

dwb09ChallengerM New Member

Yes try Imdfirefighter he did the reso delete about 2 or 3 months ago.

7. Hesser

Hesser Well-Known Member

I will video both the stock and reso removed Sunday if anyone with a stock SE comes to the Hot Run.

8. walnetto

walnetto New Member

Anyone buy from BlastinBob? All I want is dual exhaust, no sound. He has one with the Magnaflow mufflers on the back and some nice rounded tips for $400 + $25 ship. I wonder how much a shop will charge to install? It looks like they have to cut the pipe behind the muffler and clamp everything together?

http://www.blastinbob.com/05_10_Dodge_Chrysler_LX_LY_2_7L_3_5L_Magnaflow_p/mf-v6-y.htm

I just found an install video on the Flowmaster site. My questions is answered...finally.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010